• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah pure luck that, especially cook, how lucky that he keeps getting out the same way for low scores.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bairstow, of all people for christs sake, just pulled one to the fence. Who is in danger? Tony Hill might wear one but who gives a **** about that.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pitch not looking particularly easy to score on, although not a minefield.
England are scoring over 3 an over so it can't be too difficult.In England its all about overhead conditions and not so much about the pitch.Sunny day means the ball wont do much.Can't believe yesterday when the commentators were harping about how the pitch had change,lol ,obviously it was cloudy yesterday and as a result the ball did plenty.Hope the sun shines from the second session tomorrow.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just ****s with a batsman's rhythm, though Bell seems okay.

Plus I'm hungry and now have to wait an extra 8 minutes for dinner. ****ing bad light. Second worst thing about cricket (after Jono)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll probably wear this, but I'm not buying into this leg theory from Harris.

Bairstow looking the best he has all series here

91Jmay

International Coach
England are scoring over 3 an over so it can't be too difficult.In England its all about overhead conditions and not so much about the pitch.Sunny day means the ball wont do much.Can't believe yesterday when the commentators were harping about how the pitch had change,lol ,obviously it was cloudy yesterday and as a result the ball did plenty.Hope the sun shines from the second session tomorrow.
Ball is keeping low and pitch a bit two paced, new ball we do stuff regardless of the sun.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
The pitch hasn"t been doing much bro and they haven"t allowed England to get away from them and in the process they"ve taken four scalps.They bowled well imo.Not as easy bowling when the ball goes gun barrel straight as some tend to think.

Howe_zat

Audio File

I wouldn't be surprised if the aim is really to get him with the fuller one having pegged him back. If he keeps going after them then I can easily see him getting out to Harris like Cook did.

Done very well so far ofc. Looks composed.

Riggins

International Captain

agree. although the only complicating factor i guess is that bairstow has looked like nicking off the whole series while just playing and missing. (one dismissal off starc aside)

maybe he's just one of those guys that always looks rat **** outside off stump but just finds a way not to get out off it.

91Jmay

International Coach
The pitch hasn"t been doing much bro and they haven"t allowed England to get away from them and in the process they"ve taken four scalps.They bowled well imo.Not as easy bowling when the ball goes gun barrel straight as some tend to think.
Yeah they've not bowled badly at all - Lyon in particular was good, but end of the day batting last when we know there will be cloud at some point is a dangerous thing and they need wickets.