• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Riggins

International Captain
holy **** playoffs in 4 days. how exciting!! anyone (of the roughly 4 people who read this) want to do some sort of playoff tipping?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure how you got "I think the Lakers will beat the Spurs" out of what I posted, but hey, go for it man.
Isn't the Ewing theory apply to teams that somehow perform better when their stars aren't available? heard it a huge deal when Rondo went down. Didn't mean it that you're expecting the Lakers to beat the Spurs, just love Kahwi so much :wub:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Isn't the Ewing theory apply to teams that somehow perform better when their stars aren't available? heard it a huge deal when Rondo went down. Didn't mean it that you're expecting the Lakers to beat the Spurs, just love Kahwi so much :wub:
Yeah, all I said was that I was hoping for it to happen. I didn't say it would happen, I didn't present any sort of technical argument for or against it and you tried to refute it.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So Marc Gasol gets DPOY and JR Smith is the sixth man. No surprise at the latter. The DPOY race could've gone a few different ways though. I thought both Noah and Duncan had better cases than Marc, but that's a good choice as well.

George Karl to get COTY IMO.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hadn't seen that yet. I thought Harden or Asik would have that wrapped up.
I would've been pretty unhappy with both of those as well. I really don't like when a player wins the MIP award just because they got more minutes and more touches of the ball. George basically only "improved" because his usage rate went up significantly. I wouldn't have minded Harden, but as much as he improved his offence (not hugely IMO, he just gets more of the ball) his defence went into the sewer just as much. Asik is exactly the player he was for the Bulls except he now plays 35 minutes instead of 15.

I personally think that Larry Sanders should have gotten it. His usage rate stayed exactly the same, his minutes only went up a little, and he improved in every statistical category. When you improve every stat despite being used the exact same amount I think you deserve to be called the most improved.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah you make a good point. Sanders would have gotten a lot more votes for the MIP and DPOY race if he played in a bigger market. I haven't seen too much of Asik this season but he definitely looks a much better offensive player and FT shooter compared to last year. His rebounding and defense has been the same.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah you make a good point. Sanders would have gotten a lot more votes for the MIP and DPOY race if he played in a bigger market. I haven't seen too much of Asik this season but he definitely looks a much better offensive player and FT shooter compared to last year. His rebounding and defense has been the same.
His free throw definitely improved, though I'm not so sure about his offense just because I don't think he was used well or often with the Bulls last year. The Rockets, knowing he would be a big piece for them, have designed plays and styles around him which benefit his way of playing (he sets the best legal screen in the NBA imo). Very good player and I love watching him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah great stuff. Read some of his quotes about what has made him come out and be the "first", and its inspiring stuff. Sounds like a guy who completely understands the impact his actions will have i.e. and the long-term positive effect of someone finally "leading the way".