• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would much prefer Bailey to Khawaja. Khawaja more asthetically pleasing but mentally a basketcase - Bailey's cool head and knowledge of his own game as important as the runs he makes. Not just about picking the next best bat - its about finding the batsman who will be fill the void we lose from Hussey/Ponting.
Awta

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd definitely take Bailey over Khawaja if the role available is at 6, which it is. Not really too keen on either of them but the cupboard is bare.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Loving the Bailey appreciation at the moment especially at a time where he's actually struggling a little bit with just 13 from 31 balls.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving the Bailey appreciation at the moment especially at a time where he's actually struggling a little bit with just 13 from 31 balls.
well i'm shifting the blame onto his injury. if he keeps on playing with it tho.........

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
13 more runs than Wade has scored off those deliveries since he got out tbf.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
That's half the thing for me though. He's struggling a bit but not panicing or doing anything silly. Knows his game well enough to know that if he is in in 10 overs time he'll be going at a run a ball. Huge lesson for guys like Warner and Wade in particular - more often than not, if you face 100 balls you'll make 80+ - you don't make 80+ in your first 20-30 balls.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
13 more runs than Wade has scored off those deliveries since he got out tbf.
True.

That's half the thing for me though. He's struggling a bit but not panicing or doing anything silly. Knows his game well enough to know that if he is in in 10 overs time he'll be going at a run a ball. Huge lesson for guys like Warner and Wade in particular - more often than not, if you face 100 balls you'll make 80+ - you don't make 80+ in your first 20-30 balls.
Yeah absolutely. He's a mature batsman that yeah knows his game well. An awesome candidate at 6, my only fear is Watson's inability to bowl. I don't want a bits and pieces cricketer at 6 or 7.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd definitely take Bailey over Khawaja if the role available is at 6, which it is. Not really too keen on either of them but the cupboard is bare.

I"d bat Khawaja at 5 , Clarke would then bat at 4.However I am starting to get on the Bailey bandwagon especially seeing the maturity and cool head he has shown so far in international cricket.

Andre

International Regular
Yeah absolutely. He's a mature batsman that yeah knows his game well. An awesome candidate at 6, my only fear is Watson's inability to bowl. I don't want a bits and pieces cricketer at 6 or 7.
Call me old fashioned, but Watson's bowling has been what has kept him in the Test side the last 18 months - if he wants to open the batting, he should go back to Shield and make some scores. No way should he be ahead of Warner/Cowan/Hughes just cause he says he doesn't want to bowl anymore. Just becomes one of the pack as a batsman.

the big bambino

International Captain
I hope that scotches the Bailey for president campaign. Honestly the guy is slow, gettin' on and for someone who supposedly has a spiritual understanding of his game has a few too many brain explosions.