• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Domestic Season 2012/13

SeamUp

International Coach
Unfortnately don't know if there are any streams chaps.

Can update the game situation. Lions 240/7 after 49 overs

Huge cracks in the pitch so on ocassion there is awkward uneven bounce but inbetween good for shot making.

De Kock looked class but tried to play another inside out shot over extra but was caught brilliantly by Robbie P.

Steyn cranked it up, hit Zander De Bruyn on the wrist and then on the Neck under the helmet in two balls. Got a bit heated as him and Symes had a few words.

Lions are missing Chris Morris because they didn't want to take too many risks with tail starting at 8 instead of 9.

Last edited:

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Hey SeamUp, does Supersport stream live domestic S.A cricket? Found a way to watch Live Streaming on their site.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lions got 241/7 after 50. Pitch is a tat challenging.

Cobras 69/2 after 11 with Tahir getting both wickets (Levi and Puttick)

Match delayed due to rain. Not good. They are already replaying because there was no result due to rain yesterday as well ...

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
He looked quite steady. A skiddy seamer who bowled between 134-137kmph. Davy Jacobs the Warriors Captain says he is more of a batting all-rounder though and I haven't seen enough of his batting.
He's pretty highly rated, although whether that's because he is really good or because he is being bigged-up as the next Ntini I don't know. Don't think he's a batting ar though, bowling ar afaik.

He's going to struggle to get into this warriors line up on a consistent basis though what with guys like Walters, Birch, Parnell etc already doing well and Ntini still being around.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
He's pretty highly rated, although whether that's because he is really good or because he is being bigged-up as the next Ntini I don't know. Don't think he's a batting ar though, bowling ar afaik.

He's going to struggle to get into this warriors line up on a consistent basis though what with guys like Walters, Birch, Parnell etc already doing well and Ntini still being around.
i have yet to take notice of him. I went and checked matches that he has played in, mostly bats low down the order. His bowling looks harmless based on the stats i've
seen. The guy im interested in is subrayen from the Dolphins. If he can do aswell as what he has been doing at youth level, he will play international cricket. The was a guy called Mosehle. Jennings said he was good, what happened to him?

jan

State Vice-Captain
Both playing days rained off so 2012 Momentum One Day Cup has two winners. Nice gesture or neccessity schedule-wise?
I would definitely enjoy MODC more if Cobras simply won it :)

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would definitely enjoy MODC more if Cobras simply won it :)
Indeed .... a real pitty. Having said that, if Friday wouldn't have rained out I doubt they would have won it .... so in the end it was probably fair enough.

MrPrez

International Debutant
i have yet to take notice of him. I went and checked matches that he has played in, mostly bats low down the order. His bowling looks harmless based on the stats i've
seen. The guy im interested in is subrayen from the Dolphins. If he can do aswell as what he has been doing at youth level, he will play international cricket. The was a guy called Mosehle. Jennings said he was good, what happened to him?
Yeah, as I said, I haven't really seen him much. I can only go off what I've heard. All I know is that I really rate Birch and Walters, and guys like Parnell and Ntini aren't going any time soon. So he's going to be battling to find a way in, or else he'll be getting in undeservedly imo.

SeamUp

International Coach
Gqamane in what I saw definitely looked like he could bata bit and I doubt Davy Jacobs would bring the statement up if he didn't mean it.

Parnell out for two weeks. Theron still injured. Ntini is over the hill and doesn't pay 4-day cricket.Gqamane should get his 4-day debut for the Warriors this week.

SeamUp

International Coach
CSA announces England U-19 tour of SA
Posted by: Cricket South Africa on Wednesday, 12 December 2012

THE South Africa under-19 squad will start their preparation for the 2014 edition of the ICC U-19 World Cup by hosting their England counterparts for both a Test and an ODI series early next year.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) on Wednesday announced that the tour that will run from 23 January to 21 February 2013. The tour will consist of a two-match Test series and a five-match One-Day International (ODI) series.

‘’The South African under-19 team acquitted themselves well at the recently concluded ICC under-19 World Cup in Australia,” commented CSA Youth Cricket Manager Niels Momberg.

“Although many of those players have moved on, stalwarts such as Lizaad Williams, Murray Coetzee and Solomzi Nqweni will be available to create an experienced environment as we start to build toward the under-19 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in 2014.

“This tour against England provides the ideal opportunity to kick-start the new cycle in the very important Talent Acceleration Program within the National Pipeline process. I am really looking forward to seeing who our next stars will be,” he said.

The last time the two under-19 sides met was during the ICC U-19 World Cup in Australia, where South Africa beat England by an emphatic 103 runs to book a place in the semi-finals of the tournament.

The scenic Western Cape will play host for this exciting tour. Matches will take place in Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl.

Jacques Faul, CSA Acting CEO, commented: “The two countries have a long-standing rivalry at full international level and this rivalry has now filtered down to the juniors.

“We have been very excited at the manner in which Quinton de Kock (at the bizhub Highveld Lions) and Prenelan Subrayen (at the Sunfoil Dolphins) have already made the challenging step from under-19 to senior franchise level and several others are making their mark in the CSA provincial competitions.

“Our under-19 cricket looks in a very healthy condition and I am sure the new under-19 class will grab the opportunity they have been given to live their dreams and take their games to the next level.

“England are renowned for the quality of their cricket and I am sure they will once again live up to that reputation.”

Fixture list

23 JAN - 24 JAN
South Africa Under-19s Invitation XI v England Under-19s
PP Smit Stadium, Bellville, Cape Town

27 JAN - 30 JAN
1st Youth Test - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Newlands, Cape Town

FEB 3 - FEB 6
2nd Youth Test - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Boland Park, Paarl

Warm-up One-Day game

FEB 13
1st Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Boland Park, Paarl

FEB 15
2nd Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
PP Smit Stadium, Bellville, Cape Town

FEB 16
3rd Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Boland Park, Paarl

FEB 19
4th Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Stellenbosch University Ground

FEB 21
5th Youth ODI - South Africa Under-19s v England Under-19s
Newlands, Cape Town

SeamUp

International Coach
Mosehle is in the T20 'A' team to play NZL.

Played as a batsman in the One-Day Cup and performed for the first time at franchise level.

SeamUp

International Coach
The weakened Titans are being pummeled at Newlands against the Cobras. 192 all out with David Wiese and Roleof Van der Merwe getting 50's. Kemp & Louw in the wickets. Cobras 132/0 at Stumps. Gray & Puttick going past 50.

Interesting days play in Bloem. Dolphins recovered 221 all out. 19 year old 4-day Dolphins debutant Calvin Savage top scoring with 55. Knights are 54/2 at Stumps. Rossouw failing. Dean Elgar rocketed along to 27 not out off 25 balls.

Lions are 275/7 at Stumps vs the Warriors at the Wanderers. Newly appointed Lions captain Stephen Cook got 95 and Thami Tsolekile is trying to prove people wrong with 64*, Neil Mac chipped in as well with 50. Warriors 4-day debutant, Aya Gqamane, has 3 wickets & Birch has 3 as well.

SeamUp

International Coach
The Coke Week dinner has started at 7PM where the SA schools and colts sides are announced. WP beat Gauteng comfortably in the final today chasing down 218 with 8 overs to spare.Cubs week squads by franchise (6 teams) are also announced tonight where the SA u19 squad will be picked from for the England u19 tour to SAF.

LEADING RUN SCORERS & WICKET-TAKERS (obviously order is not the be all as selectors will also make their cricketing judgement.)

BATSMEN

1.) Tian Koekemoer (18) 312 runs @ 52.00 @ SR 81.25 - LIMPOPO captain - Hans Merensky
2.) Robert Anderson (18) 286 runs @ 71.50 @ SR 64.26 - KZN INLAND captain - Michaelhouse
3.) Greg Oldfield (17) 278 runs @ 46.33 @ SR 92.35 - KZN INLAND - Michaelhouse
4.) Gideon Bruwer (17) 245 runs @ 49.00 @ SR 72.70 - GRIQUAS - Noordkaap
5.) Juan Heunis (16) 231 runs @ 38.50 @ SR 81.62 - SWD - Langenhoven Gym
6.) Rupert Viljoen (18) 226 runs @ 37.66 @ SR 63.12 - NORTH WEST - Potch Gym
7.) Jurie Snyman (17) 219 runs @ 36.50 @ SR 77.65 - EASTERNS - Hoerskool Jeugland
8.) Vasili Orros (18) 219 runs @ 36.50 @ SR 94.80 - FREE STATE - Grey Bloem
9.) Wesley Coulentianos (18) 214 runs @ 35.66 @ SR 64.07 - GAUTENG - St Johns College
10) David Bedingham (18) 206 runs @ 34.33 @ SR 93.21 - WESTERN PROVINCE captain - Wynberg Boys
11.) Shaylen Pillay (18) 204 runs @ 40.80 @ SR 84.64 - GAUTENG captain - KES
12.) Johann Smit (18) 204 runs @ 40.80 @ SR 68.00 - NORTHERNS keeper - Hoerskool Centurion
13.) Hayes Van der Berg (18) 201 runs @ 33.50 @ SR 84.45 - WESTERN PROVINCE - Rondebosch Boys
14.) Wesley Marshall (18) 199 runs @ 33.16 @ SR 108.74 - EASTERNS - St Dunstans College
15.) Lloyd Brown (17) 194 runs @ 27.71 @ SR 59.50 - EASTERN PROVINCE captain - Grey PE
16.) Jason Smith (18) 177 runs @ 29.50 @ SR 80.82 - WESTERN PROVINCE - Wynberg Boys
17.) Hanno Kotze (18) 172 runs @ 34.40 @ SR 139.83 - BOLAND - Paarl Boys
18.) Dudu Zondo (18) 172 runs @ 28.66 @ SR 70.78 - KZN COASTAL - Westville Boys
19.) Bradley Dial (17) 170 runs @ 34.00 @ SR 147.82 - GAUTENG -St Johns College
20.) Kirwin Christoffels (18) 167 runs @ 33.40 @ SR 75.90 - BORDER captain - Queens College
21.) Andrew Rushmere (17) 165 runs @ 27.50 @ SR 62.50 - EASTERN PROVINCE - St Andrews College
22.) Senuran Muthusamy (18) 161 runs @ 32.20 @ SR 76.66 - KZN COASTAL captain - Clifton College
23.) Clyde Fortuin (17) 157 runs @ 26.16 @ SR 99.36 - WESTERN PROVINCE keeper - St Josephs

Disappointing week for last years SA Schools player of the tournament and SA u19 batsman Diego Rosier (Griquas & Noordkaap). Scored 70 odd for SA schools last year as well. Yaseen Valli (Gauteng & KES) & Leus Du Plooy (Northerns & Affies) also under-performed but will come back next year to make up for it as they are 17. Star 16 year old batsman in the country would be Sibonelo Makhanya (KZN Coastal& DHS) and he also didn't score runs this week but would have gained from the experience. Star u15 batsman is Murray Commins of Rondebosch and along with fellow Rondebosch Boy and 15 year-old all -rounder Dayyaan Galiem ( who performed well with the ball at the Coke Week) should do well next year.

SEAMERS (SA Schools and SA u19 bowler Jan Frylinck (Boland) missed out on Coke Week with calf injury. Craig Kirsten made SA Schools last year)

1.) Daryn Dupavillon (18) 17 wickets @ 6.52 - 2.65 RPO - KZN INLAND - Maritzburg College
2.) Oliver Nel (18) 15 wickets @ 10.93 - 3.51 RPO - BOLAND - Somerset College
3.) Arno Moolman (18) 14 wickets @ 8.00 - 3.61 RPO - SWD - Oakdale Agr - First change bowler
4.) Josh Pieters (19) 14 wickets @ 10.71 - 3.10 RPO - SWD - Oakhill
5.) Justin Dill (18) 13 wickets @ 10.84 - 3.31 RPO - BOLAND captain - Paul Roos
6.) Ngazibini Sigwili (17) 13 wickets @ 14.23 - 3.66 RPO - BORDER - Hudson Park
7.) Divan Posthumus (18) 12 wickets @ 15.08 - 3.77 RPO - EASTERNS -Jeugland
8.) Craig Kirsten (18) 10 wickets @ 15.00 - 3.48 RPO - KZN COASTAL - Kearsney College
9.) Corbin Bosch (18) 10 wickets @ 18.50 - 4.14 RPO - NORTHERNS -Pretoria Boys
10.) Shaylen Pillay (18) 8 wickets @ 17.75 - 3.15 RPO - GAUTENG -KES - first change

17 year-old seamers who did ok were Curtley Louw (Boland & Paarl Gym), Aiden Brooker (Griquas & Noordkaap), Kagiso Rabada (Gauteng & St Stithians) and will come back next year.
16 year-old seamers who are at the Coke Week were Andile Phehlukwayo (KZN Coastal & Glenwood) & Nico Loubser (FS & Grey Bloem)
15 year-old all-rounder, Dayyaan Galiem (WP & Rondebosch) had a decent Coke week with the ball

SPINNERS

1.) Sohail Mahmoud (16) 14 wickets @ 15.07 - 4.11 RPO - KZN INLAND - Maritzburg College - Leg spin
2.) Shaakir Abrahams (18) 10 wickets @ 23.70 - 4.85 RPO - EASTERN PROVINCE - Grey PE slow left-arm
3.) Kyle Simmonds (18) 9 wickets @ 21.44 - 3.21 RPO - KZN COASTAL - Westville Boys - slow left arm

15 year old leg-spinner of WP and Wynberg, Dyllan Matthews, will be hoping of playing in next years Coke week.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
SA Schools XI

Wesley Coulentianos (18) GAUENG - St Johns
Diego Rosier (18) GRIQUAS - Noordkaap - Captain
Shaylen Pillay (18) GAUTENG - KES
Greg Oldfield (17) KZN INLAND - Michaelhouse
Jason Smith (18) WESTERN PROVINCE - Wynberg
Vasili Orros (18) - FREE STATE - Grey Bloem
Clyde Fortuin (17) - WESTERN PROVINCE - St Josephs - keeper
Shaakir Abrahams (18) Eastern Province - Grey PE - spinner
Craig Kirsten (18) KZN COASTAL - Kearsney
Daryn Dupavillon (18) KZN INLAND - Maritzburg College
Ngazibini Sigwili (17) BORDER - Hudson Park

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know anything about Ayabulela Gqamane?

Started well in franchise cricket. But quality doesn't seem overly high as Justin Kemp is still taking wickets and van der Wath just hit 150.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
van der Wath was a seriously unlucky cricketer IMO. Bowls slow pies these days but was a serious cricketer in his day; still think he could've made a real decent go of Tests.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he was very good. Just too many better all-rounders playing when he was in pomp.
Similarly Andrew Hall was maligned when he was around but he is a cricketer South Africa would love to call upon now. Hall use to be a direct replacement for Kallis in tests, now if Kallis is out two guys need to come in for him.