• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
With their fixture, if they don't play finals this year, when will they?

Brad Scott will have the ****s On The Couch Tuesday night

He's contrary, and a bit of a smart arse at the best of times

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hard to see North making the 8 if they lose this. Pretty tough this year, can't really imagine anyone who isn't 4-3 at the end of this round having a shot, except maybe Richmond since their second half of the year is fairly easy draw-wise.
Nah, stupid call. Look at the draw. Disgraceful that we lost to Bulldogs who are a bottom 5-6 team. You pencil those games in at the start of the year, but you also pencil the Geelong game in as a loss at the start of the year.

Didn't see the game, heard Brad Scott is devo though.

benchmark00

There was one team in that match who played like a bottom 5-6 team, and I can tell you it doesn't rhyme with "Fulldogs".
No doubt, by the sounds of it North played horribly.

Doesn't change the fact that Bulldogs are void of any depth in the talent department and by rights should finish at the arse end of the ladder. If North continue like that have been they could be joining them too.

Not too concerned though.

benchmark00

btw, could see the Richmond/Sydney thing coming from a mile away.

Swans have to be the biggest pretenders in world sport, doubly so at the MCG.

Spikey

i really don't see where a demons win is coming from. I mean, they'll win one. Players will come back, some will improve and what not, but man if GWS played Melbourne this week you'd have to back GWS. Their players are, at least, not whips.

Spikey

how great would it be if McDonald had like 25 touches and a goal when GWS play the Dees.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, stupid call. Look at the draw. Disgraceful that we lost to Bulldogs who are a bottom 5-6 team. You pencil those games in at the start of the year, but you also pencil the Geelong game in as a loss at the start of the year.

Didn't see the game, heard Brad Scott is devo though.
No doubt North have a good draw, but it's tough from here to get to 13+ wins. IMO the current top 4 are all guaranteed to make the 8, and you'd think Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong will too. That leaves one spot for Sydney and Freo as well as North and Richmond etc. Pretty confident the current 8 is what we'll have at the end of the year with one out for the cats.

benchmark00

No doubt North have a good draw, but it's tough from here to get to 13+ wins. IMO the current top 4 are all guaranteed to make the 8, and you'd think Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong will too. That leaves one spot for Sydney and Freo as well as North and Richmond etc. Pretty confident the current 8 is what we'll have at the end of the year with one out for the cats.
Nah ****, gonna send slugs to carry you away.

Spikey

I wouldn't say the crows or essendon are guaranteed to make the 8. They should, of course, but we started like this last season, and then lost 5 in a row, mostly against teams we should have beaten (richmond, NM, dockers and frickin' melbourne) and barely got there.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
RE: Taylor Walker's suspension, I still don't agree with how they determine "contact". For example, Walker has been classified as "high"; I disagree with how they interpret it. The contact he makes is not high, the contact that Harry Taylor makes with the ground is high!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I have to stay back at work tonight I'm going to be anti Monday footy and whinge.

However if I manage to get out at a reasonable hour I'm going to be pro Monday footy and call for more games to be played on Mondays.

Last edited:

Spikey

RE: Taylor Walker's suspension, I still don't agree with how they determine "contact". For example, Walker has been classified as "high"; I disagree with how they interpret it. The contact he makes is not high, the contact that Harry Taylor makes with the ground is high!
I really don't have a problem with it. I mean, who is forcing Taylor's head to make contract with the ground? It's not Taylor!