• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
How is this wrong? And why is it even a tactical ploy? And why is tactics a bad word, even?

A batsman gets given out LBW, asks for a review, and it's shown to be missing the stumps. The decision is reversed and the batsman continues on. It may not be a howler, but an incorrect decision has still been overturned.

If the LBW is marginal i.e just clipping the stumps, then smart players will not ask for a review. Yes, there are the Watsons who review everything, but in most instances you will see the batsman talk to his partner and then walk off. If the player does review it then he wastes a review.

What is wrong with that? It's either out or you waste a precious review.
I think it was the NZ-RSA match where there was no reviews at all. Yes, umpires made correct decision, but there were also plenty of close calls that could have been reviewed but weren't. I think the players can get some credit as well. They weren't trying to get one over on the umpires. Maybe, just maybe, players want to use UDRS to overturn wrong decisions?

Manipulating technology? Pffft, they aren't jedi ffs.
Oh, and I'm so over the "oh noes, umpires are getting embarrassed" crap.
This.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just underscores the stupidity of the BCCI's position when two of their most senior players have come out publically in support of it yet they're all nononononodontarguedontargue.

Bun

Banned
Just underscores the stupidity of the BCCI's position when two of their most senior players have come out publically in support of it yet they're all nononononodontarguedontargue.
agreed. couldn't be angrier at bcci on this issue.

Top_Cat

Yeah something has to give. Either the BCCI will have to admit they're wrong (unlikely) or some minor tweak to the system will have to happen so then they can publically say they've now accept the whole system without having to admit how dumbarsedly they've acted the past 3 years.

Daemon

Apparently they want the use of Hot Spot and Snicko but not Hawk Eye. Can they make a compromise and use those at least those two for the upcoming series?

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh: The margin of error allowed in UDRS for Hawkeye is huge! And I mean that in the best possible sense, if the ball is clipping it doesn't count as a wicket! And the path is tracked precisely to the point of impact.

Worst call.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah something has to give. Either the BCCI will have to admit they're wrong (unlikely) or some minor tweak to the system will have to happen so then they can publically say they've now accept the whole system without having to admit how dumbarsedly they've acted the past 3 years.
The ability to have ads pop up during the hawkeye animation the only way forward itbt :ph34r: