• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Improvements that need to be made in cricket

cnerd123

likes this
how are you still a member on this forum? And I dont know about you, but I dont even want think about anyone 'enjoying' me.

This is a very poor response to being faced with a few truths that are not to your liking. Consequently you've tried disguising your inadequacies to objectively dissect the arguments you dislike by pretending as if your above the thread.
Lol.
I'm not pretending. I'm actually above the thread tbh.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Lol.
I'm not pretending. I'm actually above the thread tbh.

wow that's impressive........even after being baited for pretending, you still have the heart to carry on trying. If someone was actually above this thread, they'd never bother posting on it in the first place.......as opposed to posting one comment, coming back to look for any replies/further comments and then posting a second comment when you find someone has commented on your post.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

wow that's impressive........even after being baited for pretending, you still have the heart to carry on trying. If someone was actually above this thread, they'd never bother posting on it in the first place.......as opposed to posting one comment, coming back to look for any replies/further comments and then posting a second comment when you find someone has commented on your post.
umadkat?

cnerd123

likes this

Sorry, I don't speak troll

@Sledger: I'm actually starting to enjoy this now :D

cnerd123

likes this
oh troll means someone who completely destroys you in a discussion? never knew that one
LOL @ you thinking we're having a discussion. We so clearly aren't :D

Want to discuss? Here's an improvement that cricket needs: less people like you spamming our forums.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
LOL @ you thinking we're having a discussion. We so clearly aren't :D

Want to discuss? Here's an improvement that cricket needs: less people like you spamming our forums.
OMG your calling me a troll/spammer. you're the one who came onto my thread. you didnt comment on any of the posts instead you just tried to be disruptive, then when you got dealt with you tried the evasive tactic. one thing that cricket definitely doesn't need is a blatant hypocrite like you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never got the issue with this. Of course 90 overs is the expected target but from a fans perspective 78 overs of intense cricket is far superior than 90 overs including a lot of low pressure dross bowled by parttimers. Quality of cricket is more important that quantity.

**** parttime spinners hurrying through overs to avoid sanctions devalues the game and takes away from the bat vs ball battle of Test cricket. Test cricket should be about taking wickets and scoring runs, not having to bowling quick overs as a priority.

I have some sympathy with the situation but I think the effects of an implemented cure lead to greater issues and a worse deal for the paying fan.

I am the biggest fan of Geoff Boycott but this is one area I disagree with him.
Agree 100%.

Have said a number of times that slow over rates is the biggest non issue in cricket, especially considering the fact that the rules allow for making up overs.

The cynic in me says that the issue stems merely from the media, because having to use up the extra 30mins at the end of play means they have to work longer hours.

When I'm at the cricket I don't judge the value of play in terms of overs. I rate it in terms of quality cricket and time.
Yeah, agree with these guys. I don't count the overs when I'm at the cricket but I do like it when it goes on an extra half hour. No-brainer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
As incredibly minor gripes (and an attempt to get this thread back on track), two things:

- I still don't quite see the reasoning we have leg-byes. The batsman hasn't hit it, why does his team deserve runs? The bowler hasn't bowled a bad or illegal ball, why is his team punished?

- The batting side shouldn't get overthrows when the ball has hit the stumps. Give the fielder some credit.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As incredibly minor gripes (and an attempt to get this thread back on track), two things:

- I still don't quite see the reasoning we have leg-byes. The batsman hasn't hit it, why does his team deserve runs? The bowler hasn't bowled a bad or illegal ball, why is his team punished?

- The batting side shouldn't get overthrows when the ball has hit the stumps. Give the fielder some credit.
Firstly this may as well apply to all byes, not just leg byes, using your logic anyway. And why shouldn't they get runs? The fielding side has failed to stop them from running between the wickets.

Similar things can be said about the overthrows point. Sure, give the fielder credit for hitting the stumps, but why should the fielding side be given credit for not being in a position to pick up the ball and run the batsman out if they then try and run for overthrows?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

There are no overthrows and the fielder gets credit when...the batsman is out of his crease. In the case you mention, the fielder has done nothing more than fail to execute a run out. Hitting the stumps is irrelevant.