• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New prodigy creates history

Teja.

Global Moderator
Looks like he did it against a pretty dire batting line up.
Most lineups in the Plate League are dire tbh. He's still gun for an 18 year old tho. Backing him to finish on top of his league's average table this season.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Pankaj Singh dude who partners him also seems to be doing pretty well. I don't think we can say a lot about him based on his performances against Plate League lineups..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pankaj Singh has been awesome for a while now though. Was in the touring squad to Australia back in 07/08. Saw him bowling in the practice nets. Looked the goods.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Hero. 7-94 in the Ranji Final and his team lifts the Ranji Trophy.

40 wickets in the trophy @ 21.1 at the age of 18 and he credits it all to Greg Chappell telling him "You have no future in cricket, son" :laugh:

He'll be world-class in 4 years, I'm calling it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

40 wickets in the trophy @ 21.1 at the age of 18 and he credits it all to Greg Chappell telling him "You have no future in cricket, son" :laugh:

And he'll be on the wheel of mediocrity within four and a half.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Yeah he is a champ. What pace does he bowl again?:ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach

I saw him bowl Teja bowls around 120-125 and is quite short which means he skids on does have a lovely inswinger though but I doubt class international batsman will be getting bowled/LBW at 120-125 still young so lots of time to improve.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Same with Kohli. Between them, I wonder who would be picked next for tests after Pujara.
Rahane is a full 10-12 runs ahead of Pujara, I think (very high 60s vs high 50s) on FC average. after about 4 full seasons. He's also been on India A teams, and did OK a few times seems like.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I saw him bowl Teja bowls around 120-125 and is quite short which means he skids on does have a lovely inswinger though but I doubt class international batsman will be getting bowled/LBW at 120-125 still young so lots of time to improve.
Yep man, I've seen most of his games but he's only 18, We can hope that he can increase his pace by atleast 10 with age and I really think he's special. Zaheer, Dinda, Sharma et al. did not look this talented when they were ripping through domestic sides.(I know this contradicts my entire cricketing ideology) It's incredible that he maintains his average that low considering how many loose balls he bowls.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ahh, so he'll get a couple of token ODIs against Zimbabwe and never play a Test despite dominating domestically season after season. Nice.
I don't want him anywhere near the Int. scanner for the next 5 years tbh. If BCCI messes this guy up, It'll be criminal. It's incredible how much he can swing it on a flattie when more experienced bowlers like Pankaj can't move it much.

I really hope BCCI leaves Chahar alone. The only thing that'll save him in the short run is his lack of speed.The BCCI likes only 135k 'speed demons'(regardless of how bad they are on the domestic scene) who they proceed to ruin in less than two years.

Playing county cricket can do him so much good. :(