• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

G.I.Joe

International Coach
#2 - #5 are so close though in ODI's. I wonder when the ICC will make T20 more meaningful and give us rankings for that.:ph34r:
We stopped caring about International T20 after 2007 tbh. Been there, won that. No challenge left :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Cheers Randiv, can't wait for Mills to call someone a poo poo face (such an angry man) and things to get even funnier.

Wheres BFJ when you need him? Knowing him, he'd be good at winding people up. Does it to NZ fans all the time with his drinking.

pasag

RTDAS
See this is why I've (maybe) argued in the past that SL and NZ have an underserved reputation of being the good guys in world cricket. They're ****s like the rest of us.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure someone will trawl through your posts and find out for sure. Then we can all rest a little easier.

R_D

International Debutant
I hate to be pedantic, but India are the #1 ranked TEST team. We're talking about an ODI series, so in the context of this thread, India are the #2 ranked team in the world.
ODI's don't count apparently so India's the #1 team :happy:

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Was just commentating on the fact that lots of people here consider ODI's to useless.
I know, and I'm just adding some sarchasim to that point. I personally don't think they are, but maybe we're a dying breed of cricket fans.

Flem274*

123/5
See this is why I've (maybe) argued in the past that SL and NZ have an underserved reputation of being the good guys in world cricket. They're ****s like the rest of us.
Speak for yourself, Aussie. :p

The New Zealand cricket team are angels who would never dream of doing such underhand, despicable things as Australia and others partake in.

:ph34r:

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
spirit

Well firstly randhiv made a mistake.
He apologized.
Tragic.

But remember personal records should not b greater than team win.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sangakkara, the real villain?

It is a shocking twist to the controversy in Sri Lanka. Even though the Sri Lankans have apologised for cheating Virender Sehwag of his century - it now emerges - that it was not the baller alone who was the villain. It now emerges that it was the captain - and the wicketkeeper who was the real villain. The stump mike audio catches Sri Lankan Captain Kumara Sangakkara tells bowler to ensure Sehwag doesnt get a run to make a century.

Visit the page to listen to the audio

Sangakkara, the real villain?-Cricket-Sports-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos
:laugh:

Good lord that's a terrible news piece. How the hell does saying "Remember, if he hits the ball, he gets a run," equal "please bowl a no-ball, Randiv." I'd say it's much more like that he's telling his bowler and his fielders to be ready for a quick single, given that he's on 99.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Good lord that's a terrible news piece. How the hell does saying "Remember, if he hits the ball, he gets a run," equal "please bowl a no-ball, Randiv." I'd say it's much more like that he's telling his bowler and his fielders to be ready for a quick single, given that he's on 99.
The Indian media is awful, no real surprises there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It would have been nice if Randiv apologized willfully. But according to my knowledge he's a border line prick, and wouldn't have apologized. I personally think such apology was not needed. But the whole episode looks very suspicious, and it looks like Sanga has set it up, and he had his reasons for it, because Sehwag was sledging Randiv all along the test series. SLC realized that they are going to be in the receiving end from BCCI, and made Randiv to apologize. Now that creates real bad breath between SLC and players and more so between SL and IND teams, because 3rd parties have forced to do it.

The next SL-IND game will show what was the real reason. If SL starts sledging Indias like nothing, and if their bowlers come down 5k quicker than usual and if there are plenty of short stuff passing Sehwag's nose, and Mathews asking Raina to "keep his ****ing mouth shut", that will show it has come through a 3rd party.
you do understand Indians have mouths too, right? It is lovely of you to talk as if bowling short is something that is going to intimidate Sehwag... :laugh: