• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Bobisback

International Regular
Don't normally back football, but had a free bet on 888sport and decided to go for van Persie for top goalscorer.
Was going to chuck a bet on him, Messi and rooney. But decided against it.

Might back Messi to be first goal scorer tomorrow though. $4.50, not bad odds, only has to contend with Higuain, Tevez, Aguero, etc.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How much money were you putting on those bets Dwyer? That's some big money to make :laugh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A $10 multi on the following to win their first games: France, England, Slovenia, Germany, Spain, Brazil.

Got odds of 14.92-1 from Betfair on that, which I was quite happy about.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Went Carlos Vela (I hope he starts...) to score the first goal into RSA to win 2-1. I think that Mexico will score early and the crowd will pull a goal back around the 40-50 minute mark, followed by the winner late. $910 if I get it up

Draw/RSA into France/France into Greece/Greece into Argentina/Argentina - $864.50 if it gets up

Mexico/RSA into the same as above, $1852.50 if it gets up.
Two down, one to go.

Happy if it gets up, tbh.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tend to make more bets on games that aren;t that interesting if im watching like goalkicks in the next 10 minutes and the like.

Got money on 1-1 here though, still possible

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Will make a profit for the day if France get up. Had a bit on 1-1 in the first game followed by a France win.

Uppercut

Should have listened to my opening post where I said France were crap.

South Korea, Argentina and US/England to draw my accumulator for today. More to make the games more interesting than because I'm particularly confident though.

_Ed_

I've gone for Greece and England today with some reasonably confident baseball picks. My $10 would return me $103.30.

cpr

International Coach
Kinda ****ed off i've put a bet on, because CW betting form has been shocking!

3-0 England, Rooney 1st scorer, 33/1, only put a couple of quid on it, but still....