• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Without the steady swing of Collins we'll be needing some youth to step up, and Sriram to become the bowler he has promised to be. Exciting times, as the batting is definitely packed with quality.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Bit quiet in here with the upcoming friendly matches.

Everyone must off placing a fresh coat of linseed oil on their bats. Good luck to those who play.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon it quiet around here cus no one knows anyone. What your name again? :ph34r:
Bowen is pretty much the star batsman in the team, has a batting strike rate of about 100 in First Class Matches. Don't think you need to know too many others.. :dry:

Nah we really have a very strong side this year, should make the finals in every comp..

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Blue FC Friendly XI

Good luck to all the new faces. Have given every single one a run in the first game to see how you go and give the chance to impress as well as to welcome you all to the system, so you know what to expect for the remainder of the season :)

THere's plenty of spots open for the first XI, so the inter-team competition should be grand :cool:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Bowen is pretty much the star batsman in the team, has a batting strike rate of about 100 in First Class Matches. Don't think you need to know too many others.. :dry:

Nah we really have a very strong side this year, should make the finals in every comp..
Tipping Bowen to step up again this season, good luck :p

Noble One

Looking forward to taking the new ball to kick off the practise game. Hoping to end up with figures like a Bret Lee debut, not a Bryce McGain debut. :ph34r:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
2nd FC Friendly named.

As per the first game, have given the rest of the squad a shot for practice, with only a couple of players getting a second game :)

Hoping all the bowlers get a trundle here, it appears we have a very versatile bowling list. Many options in any shape of lineup.

Hopefully this top order produces the goods like in the last game! Lots of pressure around now.

Noble One

Nice hitout on abit of a road.

Match figures of 4/147, not going to complain considering 1700 runs scored in the game.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Good work out guys. Glad i could take 7 wickets on a flat track.
Yeah, very impressive performance I thought, 7 wickets @ under 20 on a flat one is excellent. Probably make you our best player in the game, given the context.

Mixed feelings about my own debut, generally mediocre but snatched three wickets in eight balls late on, which although two of them were tail-enders, should give me a boost for the second game. Other debut bowlers Robb and Cannon also seemed to have played well, which is encouraging for CW Blue as it is possible that Demeza will be on national duty at some point.

Delighted to have been selected for the second game as well, although I'm getting vertigo at the dizzy heights of No.9 in the order. And let's hope that our well-established top order can fire as well as the "understudies" did yesterday.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Seems curious that Travis is giving me lots of playing time...I've been pretty mediocre the first two first-class games with the ball TBH. Not complaining though, and hope I bowl a good spell today against the Greens. I guess where being CW Blue's only frontline spin bowler might come to my advantage (along with the off-spinning all-rounder MA "The Old Jeremiah" Cannon), should mean that I get a few chances during the season, hopefully at the traditional turner at Pickford. Not that I'm assuming anything, though.

A shame that we lost to the Reds, although given our Nos.8-11 scraped together a mere 16 runs between them in 8 innings it's hardly surprising. Still, overall, I think there's been shows of promise in the two first-class games, especially from Luffman and Downes among the fellow newbies.