• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

Craig

World Traveller
Rimmington has 3/13 as NSW slump to 4/19 chasing 111 off 9 overs. What do people think of Rimmington playing T20 for Australia? Has a s/r of less then 15 :blink: and an average of under 18 with the ball.

Julian87

State Captain
Yep I have come around to the T20 team needing to be COMPLETELY removed from the ODI team.

Blokes like Rimmington and Tait need to be there straight away.

Craig

World Traveller
Yep I have come around to the T20 team needing to be COMPLETELY removed from the ODI team.

And Rimmingfgton is hardly a shocking one day bowler as well.

EDIT: NSW 7/23.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain

And Christian of course, lol.

Pretty dire batting effort from NSW there.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What an odd game, atleast the crowd got to see some cricket.

Great move by Simpson to show some leadership and swing from the front. Henriques is so average in this format, he must surely lead the competition in delivering atleast two x boundary balls an over.

brockley

International Captain
Many nsw batsmen have been awful this season,the very basics,rate nsw batting line up the worst in australia bar tasmania/
Time to pick some guys from grade i think,get nic maddison in for sure.
in one dayers and 20/20 jaques,rohrer,thornley,khajaah,henriques been awful with the bat.
Whats their to lose,o'keefe got a 100 on the weekend.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Chasing 110 in 9 overs you cant read too much into guys getting out having a go. NSW didn't bowl well enough, Starc and Smith the only 2 to keep it tight. Jaques had a shocker dropping a catch (pretty sure it was Simpson) early on and then screwing up and getting himself run out.

Would very much likfe to see Warner and Symonds batting together.

brockley

International Captain
Its a case of not just tonight but nsw batsmen all season,the reps of the nsw batsmen are good,but their technique has been **** all season,thornley had 3/4 knocks nothing,same with many of the nsw batsmen all season.
I doubt we will make a final this season.
Time to try a few lesser known names.

jennisonruther

Cricket Spectator
Chasing 110 in 9 overs you cant read too much into guys getting out having a go. NSW didn't bowl well enough, Starc and Smith the only 2 to keep it tight. Jaques had a shocker dropping a catch (pretty sure it was Simpson) early on and then screwing up and getting himself run out.

Hi one and all,

I too want to see them batting together. Jaques is a good batsman.He is relentless when he is in a flow if not he will be in trouble. Unfortunately symo wasn't in his best form now.Let's see how he manage the things.

Regards,
Luther.

brockley

International Captain
Apart from a 50 in a one dayer jaques has failed in 6 one day innings,4 20/0 innings how many more chances does this guy get.
Same story for this sorry nsw batting this year.
Steve smith has been the best batsmen for NSW and he bats 7 in the shield matches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Was going to go the game tonight, went to the theatre instead. Sounds like a good shout.

Really glad I support WA, haha. Insipid by NSW, I hate their selection policies. Choose a bunch of bits and pieces players, and watch the bowling fold as per usual. Tonight's attack really could be the worst I've ever seen for NSW since I started watching cricket.

Am assuming Henriques is captain because he sums them up so perfectly.

brockley

International Captain
Bit hard nsw with 5 paceman injured and one in nz.
The real worry is the batting we got no excuss there,glad katich comes back after this test,we may need his bowling too.
Lambert and starc bowled ok tonight.
Agree of the bits and pieces players they have to go.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Jaques was pretty unlucky with his run out, although the way wickets were falling then there's no guarantee he would have lasted longer than another 2 or 3 balls.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rimmington has 3/13 as NSW slump to 4/19 chasing 111 off 9 overs. What do people think of Rimmington playing T20 for Australia? Has a s/r of less then 15 :blink: and an average of under 18 with the ball.
Yeah, good pick tbh. He doesn't look like much when running in, has the floppy bowling approach and action of a 15 year old yet to grow into his body but it's hard to argue with that outswing or his results. If he keeps getting good payers out, have little doubt he'll get a go.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Was going to go the game tonight, went to the theatre instead. Sounds like a good shout.

Really glad I support WA, haha. Insipid by NSW, I hate their selection policies. Choose a bunch of bits and pieces players, and watch the bowling fold as per usual. Tonight's attack really could be the worst I've ever seen for NSW since I started watching cricket.

Am assuming Henriques is captain because he sums them up so perfectly.
Yeah Bracken not playing (anyone know why?) and Hazelwood off with u/19's hurt. At least Bird didn't play...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, good pick tbh. He doesn't look like much when running in, has the floppy bowling approach and action of a 15 year old yet to grow into his body but it's hard to argue with that outswing or his results. If he keeps getting good payers out, have little doubt he'll get a go.
Yeah he is definately worth a go for mine.