• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They had chances to sign big men during free agency but Karl nixed most of the moves because he was happy with his rotation. Imagine how good the likes of Joe Smith (who was all but signed untill George came along) would've been on this team instead of Petro, Allen and other scrubs. Hell, even guys like Wally or Mikki Moore would be big adds for this team. Hell they were even negotiating using their massive trade exception to get a Haywood or Foster into Denver but the coach wouldn't sign off on them.

On yesterday's loss, **** Karl for taking out both Melo and Afflalo in the 2nd after they were both doing a great job on Roy early. Put Smith and Lawson in and allow Brandon to heat up is what turned a game well in control around for Portland. Was all so predictable. **** I really hate him so much.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha they could've gotten Joe Smith? Insane.

Really nice return for Ty Thomas against NO. Can't remember the last time I saw him move like that! Rose had one of the better games with his passing. Would've had 15 assists easily if he had better shooters. Loved the 3rd quarter. 23-9.

duffer

Nuggets offer Karl a 3 year extension? Seriously **** this franchise. What the ****? Avery Johnson, Jeff van Gundy, Bill Lambier? ****ing anyone but him next season. Gah....

At least AI is back and played well but this Denver team is playing some ugly basketball and have pissed away their major bit of trade incentive.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nuggets offer Karl a 3 year extension? Seriously **** this franchise. What the ****? Avery Johnson, Jeff van Gundy, Bill Lambier? ****ing anyone but him next season. Gah....
looks like the denver team management is happy with just getting into the playoffs every year(that is, as long as player talent remains)...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i am getting the distinct feeling that the lakers won't repeat this year...for me this year's celtics at full strength can't be beaten in a 7 game series....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
bryant is making buzzer-beaters look routine...although the lakers have to feel bad about the way they won...it is more than missing artest, the bench production has been neglible for some time and they never really fare well when they are so over-reliant on kobe...

duffer

When Sacramento get Tyreke and Kmart back they will have a nice young team. I really like what guys like Casspi, Thomson,Nocioni,Thomas, Udrih and Hawes give them. At the moment they have a bunch of good players with one very good one (Martin) and a top prospect (Evans) who should win ROY at this rate.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Loving D-Rose right now. Got an extra hop in his step since Ty came back. Finally playing the way I was expecting him to as well. Might have to dust off my jersey one of these days.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
As much as I love the Celtics, they're not winning the title this year with the friction between Rondo/Perkins and the Big Three. They're one long term injury away from another early exit. The Lakers aren't a truly dominant team and have a soft underbelly, but they'll come out of the West easily enough. The East will be a lot tougher and I think Cleveland and Orlando can both take Boston.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Bulls on a slide again but its tough not to love Rose right now. Scores with reckless abandon and his passing has improved quite a bit. I can see him averaging 20ppg by all-star break.

Johnners

Awesome season from Bogut so far as well. Shame Jennings has completely gone off the boil since his 55 point game though :(

Johnners

I'd love to see him there, but won't be at all surprised if he's not. He's got basically 4 of the best (and most popular) centres/big men in the entire league to contend with in Howard, Shaq, Bosh, Garnett. Not to mention Brook Lopez & David Lee who are putting up better numbers than him this season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
As much as I love the Celtics, they're not winning the title this year with the friction between Rondo/Perkins and the Big Three. They're one long term injury away from another early exit.
what friction? also a long term injury can happen to any of the elite teams, why just boston?