• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

inbox24

International Debutant
A few key points to note for this game:

1. The spinners will carve Australia up, so to win, we have to take advantage of the left armers (if they play) by raping them. If India change the team and play Kumar and other non left arm miscellany then we won't have a chance of winning.

2. Gambhir et al will destroy our bowling before they are dismissed, if they will be dismissed at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

1. The spinners will carve Australia up, so to win, we have to take advantage of the left armers (if they play) by raping them. If India change the team and play Kumar and other non left arm miscellany then we won't have a chance of winning.

2. Gambhir et al will destroy our bowling before they are dismissed, if they will be dismissed at all.
Mate.. you speak like a Bangladesh supporter than an Aussie supporter.. :p

Anyways, I do hope what you say happens... Perhaps just an attempted reverse jinx on your part???

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't really care about this Mickey mouse tourney, but the chance to put India out of a tournament is always good. Would lol if we did so. Esp as SA have already committed their ICC tournament/home showcase implosion.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
mate.. don't be stupid. No one is using money to end cricket in Pakistan. The problem is with terrorism and if and when Pakistan deal with it properly enough that their land is seen to be free of terrrorist infiltrators, this will continue to happen.
well don't start this terrorism thing here in sports forum, otherwise everyone knows who's behind these ****ing Taliban
so just leave it

Naumaan

First Class Debutant

i thought Australia were good enough to play Spin, from Pakistan prospective, i think we want a close finish of this match :D
1 advantage that india has, is they will play westindies at centurien, so they can win comprehensively, whereas Pakistan & Australia played them at wanderers, & in those conditions, diff between two unmatched sides is decreased automatically
so if india beat Australia today i think Pakistan & India will qualify for the semi's cuz Pakistan wont lose by 70-80 runs against Australia

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
hopefully India gets shown the door today don't want the last game against Australia to be a must win game.
if today there is a close game, say 10-20 diff between both sides, then we only will have to make sure we don't lose to Australia by say Run Rate of 0.5 to 1.0
so Pakistan have good chances of making the semi finals
but if it's in our fate to be out of the tournament who can stop it lol :D
but i'm very much sure that we are in the semi's & if we don't make it, ammmmmmmm i will say BAD LUCK

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nehra's looking really good these days. I'm never sure how good a thing it is to get Ponting in early in an ODI though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS Watto, some runs would be nice. Was tailing off towards the end of the English series IIRC.

Uppercut

Yeah, after about 12 consecutive starts in test and ODIs he reverted to just getting out early.

Uppercut

Need to get Ponting. Awesome shot, that.

The only big wickets are Ponting and Ferguson. No one cares of Watson, Paine or Hussey bat a long time.