• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***World Cup 2011 Qualifiers

Which 4 countries do you think will make the cut?

• Total voters

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Current partnership 55 runs, 7.4 overs

This is daft. Come on, Afghanistan. Take the last wicket so I can go to bed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Over at last. I think Afghanistan have improved noticeably just during the course of this tournament. The Kenyans in particular might be happy to have played them before they built up a head of steam.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
And congrats to Ireland and Afghanistan. Ireland are a fair way ahead of this lot, though the Afghans are rapidly improving obviously.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well done Dutchies, well done Daan, well done Ireland for being obviously better then any other associate...

biggest dissapointment for me this tournament was Nambia, biggest surprise for me imho Canada.

Steulen

International Regular
Quite a ridiculous piece on CricInfo, btw, giving marks out of ten, Of Kenya it is said they are clearly the #2 Associate and just happened to implode against Canada and Namibia. Cough...pub quiz question, which country defeated Kenya twice in the space of two weeks, by 7 and 6 wickets respectively. Really...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the thing with BOTH the ICC and Cricinfo ,they keep forgetting about Holland in all their pieces.
the fact that in the marks out of ten Kenya get's one of the highest marks is crap, they've had an aweful tournament...Canada and Afghanistan had a very good tournament, the dutch just did what was expected of them.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
add to that that Holland has out of all the associate countries the best infrastructure and potentially the best administration, if they just would get support from the ICC to make more people interested...

although dimwits in The Netherlands keep ruining it in the press (Remember the Jinnah debacle Steulen?) which does not appeal at all for kids and their parents.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty decent article on Kenyan cricket. Andruid and Chemosit might like it.

The Standard | Online Edition :: Hats off to Kenyan cricket team, but….
A good cricket article in that rag? I'll believe it when I see it.

All is not lost despite the apparent uninspiring leadership by Cricket Kenya (CK) and dwindling standards of the sport.
Bull****... CK inherited a corpse, at least we have a zombie now

Like guerrilla fighters, the old folk went underground and are almost unleashing a coup against CK. I submit that this effort had better be channelled towards consolidating reconstruction of cricket to help our players and posterity
That is more honest though

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
add to that that Holland has out of all the associate countries the best infrastructure and potentially the best administration, if they just would get support from the ICC to make more people interested...

although dimwits in The Netherlands keep ruining it in the press (Remember the Jinnah debacle Steulen?) which does not appeal at all for kids and their parents.
Indeed. What amazes me is that here you have a country within an hour's flying from London with a sufficient number of homegrown players, with truckloads of money, leisure time, and green fields....and they get completely ignored! Why do the Test nations coming to England not play 2 ODI's in Amsterdam first?

IIRC Sri Lanka were the only one, last year, and they came at the end of the tour and clearly wanted to go home. Why are the West Indies and Australia not doing the same, before their respective ODI series against England start?