• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Woodster

International Captain
Very positive start from Australia, not that many expected it to be anything otherwise the way Hughes bats. Very quick on anything loose and Katich looks in very good touch. Playing it perfectly so far (I am not saying this in the hope one of these give their wicket away!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gotta laugh at some people on here. The pitch is flat as, and imo the draw is the odds-on option without a doubt.

Woodster

International Captain
Gotta laugh at some people on here. The pitch is flat as, and imo the draw is the odds-on option without a doubt.
Certainly favouring the batsmen. although has been nice to bat on throughout, didn't stop Australia surrendering without much of a fight in the 1st innings ? I expect them to go well in this second innings, but they are a long long way behind.

inbox24

International Debutant
You could only say that if the batting was at full strength, as it stands there are too many out of form, and too many liabilities.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Betfair had the draw at 4 and the win at 1.3 even before that wicket. I think I agree with that, it's a huge upset if Australia bat 160-180 overs out.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Man watch Hughes bat is so unnerving. His ugly ungainly stance makes it look like he's going to get bowled or caught every delivery. Unbelievable how he manages to score bucketloads.
Haha agree totally, makes me so jumpy watching him from on the couch....even with his defensive shots he seems to be jumping about all over the place and he only gets the bat into line at the very last second...

Gotta laugh at some people on here. The pitch is flat as, and imo the draw is the odds-on option without a doubt. .
Nah, there are still over 2 whole days and 200 overs to go in this match, our batting side is flimsy with Hussey out of nick and McDonald a bit of a passenger at 7, and we're still about 400 away from making them bat again.

Woodster

International Captain
The fact Hughes likes to constantly feel bat on ball has caused his downfall there. Absolutely no need to be feeling for that one off Harris, was far too wide, he wasn't covering the spin because there was no way Harris coould have turned that ball enough to threaten the stumps. Loose stroke, paid the price.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Hughes hasn't come up against alot of decent quality spin bowling before and it's shown at times on this tour, he's played against McGain and Krejza a couple of times in the Sheffield Shield however thats really it and they aren't as good as Harris in terms of maintaining the pressure...

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think hughes will be found out quickly by quality bowling and he is also one of those guys who if out of form will have a long wretched bad run.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes gave Ponting a few opportunities to have a drive, he never accepted one of them, consequently paid the price by nicking one through to Boucher. Odds for the draw lengthening considerably now I would imagine!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not?

You realise its day 3, right?

SA to win paying 1.08. Draw 7.00. Even before Ponting's wicket.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not?

You realise its day 3, right?

SA to win paying 1.08. Draw 7.00. Even before Ponting's wicket.
Haha, how stupid of me. Thought it was Day Four. My bad.