• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Draft (ODI XI and Test XI, 79-09)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Love the fact that Precam has Australia as his country. No idea who he'll pick really.
:laugh: Yeah the random generator was pretty golden giving precam Australia and chaminda NZ. To a lesser extent giving Pakistan to me.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I have a question.

If a player debuted prior yo 79 in one form, but after in another form. Can we still pick him?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a question.

If a player debuted prior yo 79 in one form, but after in another form. Can we still pick him?
You'd imagine so...I think you're referring to one of the great test fast bowlers who didn't have quite the same outstanding record in ODIs - fits the criteria of debuting after 1979 in ODIs but not in test matches.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez, Precam normally on 24hrs a day - hate it when there's only one person between me and my pick.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone else get the impression that Chaminda is determined to find as many loopholes in the format as possible? :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone else get the impression that Chaminda is determined to find as many loopholes in the format as possible? :p
I'm trying to take the mystery out of this draft. I'm still confused with this whole thing.

I have a question

Is Tasmania part of New Zealand. It not on my map of Australia? :ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm trying to take the mystery out of this draft. I'm still confused with this whole thing.

I have a question

Is Tasmania part of New Zealand. It not on my map of Australia? :ph34r:
I'm not sure if you're having a go at me or not with that last line but just to clarify my post was only lighthearted.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I have a question.

If someone played for Sri Lanka during the ICC Trophy but not in the WC in 1979. Are they classified as a minnow?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have a question.

If someone played for Sri Lanka during the ICC Trophy but not in the WC in 1979. Are they classified as a minnow?
No as Sri Lanka are one of the top 8 nations and this would allow you to pick a player twice handicapping NUFAN. Minnows are Bangladesh + Zimbabwe + any other nation to have played an ODI since 1979.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With South African players do they have to have played ODIs/Tests. Or can you pick guys that played rebel Tests or just FC cricket?

Matt79

Global Moderator
I have a question.

Can the rules be altered to insist Tharmi has to take 8 NZers and 3 from any other country?