• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would win a test series between NZ and West Indies if play started tomorrow?

Who would win?

• Total voters

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't mind if cricket lost you after that incredibly stupid statement with no evidence to back it up whatsoever.
Maybe he watched the 20:20 today.

Mind you, this thread is about Test cricket, and the Napier test was pretty well executed in general in my opinion. The weather was obviously the winner of the 1st test.

Evermind

International Debutant
Meh, I got a good chuckle out of it.
Mission accomplished.

But yeah, NZ vs WI = not the most exciting series for non-locals to watch, mostly because of WI. Without 4-5 of their top players, they're the same quality as Bangladesh ATM.

Flem274*

123/5
Meh, I got a good chuckle out of it.
Yeah, but that sort of statement just pisses me off after a while tbh. Yeah, we and the Windies suck (our bowling is better though :p) but cricket doesn't lose when we play each other, they're damn good contests, even if we're seventh and eigth.

EDIT: Ah, was it a joke? Soz, I've been reading far too much susudear and co. (speaking of which, can't we send the Mods new Secret Police Unit around at 4am already?)

Flem274*

123/5
Mission accomplished.

But yeah, NZ vs WI = not the most exciting series for non-locals to watch, mostly because of WI. Without 4-5 of their top players, they're the same quality as Bangladesh ATM.
Hmmm it depends. Bangas got beaten by both ND and Auckz, and ND is prone to Chris Martin-esque batting at times. But then again, at home the Deshis are decent enough, so I guess Auckz>ND>NZ>Bangladesh :p

Evermind

International Debutant
"Without 4-5 of their top players, they're the same quality as Bangladesh ATM."

- statement referred to the WIndies. NZ are a team in transition, but I guess their flaws are not as easily exposed as Australia's.

Can't wait for the India tour to NZ - hope Dhoni and company get soundly beaten there.

Flem274*

123/5
"Without 4-5 of their top players, they're the same quality as Bangladesh ATM."

- statement referred to the WIndies. NZ are a team in transition, but I guess their flaws are not as easily exposed as Australia's.

Can't wait for the India tour to NZ - hope Dhoni and company get soundly beaten there.
I was trying to refer to the Windies, but got caught up using NZ domestic side arguments. :p but yeah, it would be interesting, but I still think the WI would be better. Marshall could always slog a few to get the WI home.

Flem274*

123/5
I hope so, but I'm a bit frightened about Ishant. Think he'll have a field day in our conditions.
Nah, Zaheer has the assets I reckon. Swing>sheer pace in NZ, plus the left arm factor that we seem to hate.

I'd be interested to know how many greentops Gambhir and the other younger players have seen though. Problem is the ******** schedulers, if my memory is right, are taking them to Napier. Why would we give them a leg up? Hamilton, Dunedin, Wellington, somewhere we can make them a nasty non-flat or turning pitch that we can let our semaers loose on.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Zaheer has the assets I reckon. Swing>sheer pace in NZ, plus the left arm factor that we seem to hate.

I'd be interested to know how many greentops Gambhir and the other younger players have seen though. Problem is the ******** schedulers, if my memory is right, are taking them to Napier. Why would we give them a leg up? Hamilton, Dunedin, Wellington, somewhere we can make them a nasty non-flat or turning pitch that we can let our semaers loose on.
Nope, the two tests are at Hamilton and Wellington.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, they scored big in an ODI there in the last tour IIRC.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, only 219. Sehwag got a ton though.

Flem274*

123/5
If the pitch favours bowlers then hopefuly that gets Sehwag outta the way. Ufortunately there's these blokes called Dravid and Tendulkar, and I'm unsure how Laxman has gone in NZ.

Need Jimmy back in form and O'Brien to carry on.