• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's 400th Cricketer

pup11

International Coach
Chris Rogers is now Australia's 399th Test Cricketer, so who's willing to provide some odds on who will be the 400th.....

Will it be an Australian "youngster" like Ben Hilfenhaus (24), Luke Pomersbach (23) or Cullen Bailey (22), or another oldie like Adam Vogues (28), David Hussey (30), Brad Haddin (30) or Ashley Noffke (30) ????
There is no ****ing way in hell Cullen Bailey is gonna get his hands near a baggygreen in the near future, i think either Noffke, D.Hussey or Hilfenhaus have the best chance to be the 400th test player to play for Australia.

pup11

International Coach
Just some odds on the topic we have been presented...

Haddin - $1.80
McGain - $3.80
D.Hussey - $5.50
Noffke - $12
Ronchi - $15
Heal - $15
Pomersbach - $18
Hilfenhaus - $18
Bollinger - $25
White - $35
Voges - $35
Haddin at $ 1.80 no way, i mean okay he is obviously Australia's no.2 wicket-keeper and he would walk into the side as soon Gilly calls it a day, but i highly doubt that Gilly would retire any time soon, so can't see him being the no.400.
I think Voges too has a decent chance if some batsman gets injured, because for some reason the Australian selectors seem to rate him quite highly.

Clarke Fan

Cricket Spectator
Just some odds on the topic we have been presented...

Haddin - $1.80
McGain - $3.80
D.Hussey - $5.50
Noffke - $12
Ronchi - $15
Heal - $15
Pomersbach - $18
Hilfenhaus - $18
Bollinger - $25
White - $35
Voges - $35
I dont think those odds are any good.

Noffke $12? I would think he would be a lot cheaper then that. Ronchi at $15 ahead of Pomersbach is a joke I reckon. I wouldn't have Voges at the same price at White either.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haddin at $ 1.80 no way, i mean okay he is obviously Australia's no.2 wicket-keeper and he would walk into the side as soon Gilly calls it a day, but i highly doubt that Gilly would retire any time soon, so can't see him being the no.400.
lol'd at this post. Less than 2 hours ago.

sideshowtim

Banned
I think Voges too has a decent chance if some batsman gets injured, because for some reason the Australian selectors seem to rate him quite highly.
Haha, superb.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had to curse him didn't you? :(

Matt79

Global Moderator
Unless someone else debuts in the next test who's name is earlier in the alphabet... Bollinger?

Swervy

International Captain
I find it quite odd that it is a distinct possibility that the 420th cap for Australia might go to someone who hasnt even been born yet...in that time England will have tried half its population in the test team!!!