• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
Verhoeven would be like 8-12 weeks on 1 net, Hamlin 3-4.

Tozzer, 2 bat 2 bowl 1 field, or if you want him to play U/19, which is very possible you would want 2 bat 3 bowl 1 field 1 fitness.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Verhoeven would be like 8-12 weeks on 1 net, Hamlin 3-4.
Cheers, Verhoeven leaves me in a pickle though. If I do get Bosnich (smiths YP), I'd want to give him 2 bowling at the very least, and that would be made up of any 2 of the 3 bowling nets currently going to Verhoeven/Hamlin, and Harris' fitness net. Taking 1 of Hamlins bowling nets, and Harris' fitness might be my best option until Verhoeven pops to remarkable. Thoughts?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If your going to spend 4 mil, you might as well train them probably. I would go 2 bat, 2 bowl, 1 stamina, 1 field and maybe a 1 wk.
What would be the point of one keeping net? Anyone who would buy him/use him would obviously use him for his all-round batting and bowling capabilities. Why waste a net on abysmal keeping?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What would be the point of one keeping net? Anyone who would buy him/use him would obviously use him for his all-round batting and bowling capabilities. Why waste a net on abysmal keeping?
The keeping net would be to get his secondaries up not keeping. But a 3rd bowling net would be more useful if you have the extra net.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Crazy prices as usual. Not complaining, but the bidding for my YP stands at £557,811 and we're into the final hour:

Louis Parkes (1723526)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: The Heath CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,934
Wages: £661 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Really? I'd rather higher secondaries then 1 less week for a pop. Unless I was training for U19.
Well if your going to give someone 7-8 nets you might as well train them for U19s. Also once a player's stamina is superb you can always change it keeping. Also the double fielding and keeping net doesn't really have a massive impact until a player is 19. As primaries still pop around the same speed until then.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I've been bidding on a few prof/prof players trying to get a bargain so I can stay above the 1.6m mark but I don't think it's going to happen. I wish I had a cup game.

Ok. I managed to pick up one for less than 1m, but he's got absymal stamina. I couldn't help it. He can play against the bots this season and be my backup keeper, he should be close to competent by the beginning of next season if I'm right. Probably not.

Francis Badenhorst (1088634)

RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Male Models
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 26,528
Wages: £6,402 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: proficient Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mine's only a med/med/resp. But still.

Wanted two trainees this season. Only hope is to pull them really, everyone is so ridiculously expensive.

PY

International Coach
Thanks Pete, his currently going at 750k. He better go for 2 mil or I'm stuffed.
Upped it a little. :p

Was kind of hoping that someone else would jump in with a bid but think that was wishful thinking and I've been looking for either an allrounder or Rob's been telling me to get a wk for ages. :laugh:

PY

International Coach
Didn't realise his secondaries were quite so crap but as I intend on training until 22, shouldn't be a problem getting those better with wk net.

Status
Not open for further replies.