• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Central Districts Announce Side

JM How*
PJ Ingram
MS Sinclair
TI Weston
GR Hay
BJ Griggs+
TI Lythe
EP Thompson
MJ Mason
BE Hefford
BJ Diamanti

Mister Wright

Cricketweb Colts Announce Side

J Law
JB Malthus
AS Das
CR Butler
WA Kerr
NR Hancock
S Jasotharan+
TV Weber
T Bochat
KS Wright*
GM Thomas

Wilson has been rested for the first game, and will play tomorrow. Towns has also been rested, but will fill in for Wright tomorrow. Butler, Hancock and Weber are also likely to make way for tomorrow's game.

The team to face Wellington will be announced tomorrow.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Number 7 eh? That'll be intresting... I might not even do anything knowing what I've got ahead of me...

Mister Wright

Number 7 eh? That'll be intresting... I might not even do anything knowing what I've got ahead of me...
That's the order that kyleinfo have guessed. Teams may not necessarily bat in that order. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Game to start in five minutes.

Mister Wright

Stunning Partnership Inspires Colts

It was an amazing game of cricket played at McLean Park as the Cricketweb Colts began their tour of New Zealand. Their first assignment was to face Central Districts, and things did not get off to a good start for the Cricketweb Colts as new recruit and opening batswoman Jennifer Law was struck down with flu on the morning of the game and was ruled out half an hour before play began. Bharat was rushed in to replace Law in the side.

Captains How and Wright strode to the middle on a beautiful fine day and it was the Colts skipper who called correctly and after initial hesitation decided to bat first.

Wright was asked at the toss how the injury to Law would affect their game plan. "Obviously it is something that we did not want, however it gives someone else a chance. Malthus will now be partnered by Das and Bharat will slip into first drop."

Things did not start well as Das was removed early by Thompson for one and Bharat followed soon after dismissed for nine. The Colts were 2-23 and appeared to be suffering a servere case of jetlag. Butler brought a calm head to the middle and both him and Malthus batted very smartly as they put on fifty together, however Malthus was brought undone for 33 just before lunch. Kerr looked very comfortable as both he and Butler took the Colts to 3-116 at lunch.

The first over after lunch provided much excitment. Kerr was dropped on the fourth ball after smashing a four the ball before, however two balls later he rode his luck once too often and was caught behind for 20. Hancock was listed to come in next, but Wright sent Jasotharan in at six and it proved costly as Jasotharan called and sent back Butler who was run out for a well compiled 61. It was then Jasotharan did what he does best - attack. The wicketkeeper-batsman had fireballs flaming from his bat as he combined with Hancock for a fifty run partnership, and he got Hancock going at the other end, However Hancock could not keep it going and was dismissed for 31. Weber joined Jasotharan at the crease as Jasotharan raised his bat for 50 runs off 47 balls. At tea the Colts were 6-265 and in much better shape than at lunch.

The third session of day one will live forever in the Central Districts' fans memories as Jasotharan played aggresor and Weber played anchor. They complemented each other beautifully. First their partnership reached 50, then Jasotharan notched his century off 128 balls, then the 100 partnership came, of which Weber contributed 5 of their 50-100. Weber gave a tough chance towards the end of the day, but Jasotharan passed 150 and so did their partnership. The Colts finished the first day 6-393. 128 runs in the last session.

Day two was overcast and showers were predicted during the day, however before the rain delay Weber brought up a much deserved half century and the partnership reached 200. Jasotharan went to the break on 192 looking desperate to reach the 200 mark. However, the break brought about his downfall. He faced 10 balls without scoring upon resumption and the 11th saw him wrapped on the pads and a fine innings came to an end. The pair put on 214 and took the Colts from danger of a meagre score of 6-216 to a dominate position of 7 (dec) for 430.

Wright resisted the temptation of giving his bowlers a bat, and decided to give the tiring Northern Districts players a bat.

The move worked immediately as Thomas had How lbw for one. Thomas then struck again to remove Sinclair for 10. Central Districts were struggling at 2-38 when Wright replaced himself with Bochat. What a move it proved to be. Bochat struck twice in his first over and continued to roll on as he removed two more Central Districts batsmen. By the time Central Districts reached tea Bochat had four wickets and Hancock had pitched in for one. Central Districts were in dire straits at 7-96.

There was a short resistance after tea, but Wright and Bochat teamed up to remove the last three wickets as Central Districts were bowled out for 122. Bochat finished with 11.5-4-31-5.

With 34 overs left in the day and his bowlers only bowling 34.2 overs in the day Wright enforced the follow-on and had immediate results as Thomas picked up Ingram for 2. Wright had How dropped as How and Sinclair went about resurecting the innings. They managed to limp to 1-48 as both batsmen looked increasingly setteled. However, it was that man Bochat who struck in the second last over before stumps to remove How for 17.

Day 3 brought some respite for Central Districts as Sinclair passed 50 and the score neared 100. It was a run out that brought an end to the partnership as Weston was run out for 21 and the score was 3-96. Sinclair played the innings of his life as he fought excellent bowling from the Colts and difficult conditions. He saw wickets fall around him as Wright turned to spin. Weber removed Hay and Griggs in quick succession, as Sinclair went to lunch 78* and his sides hopes dying as Central Districts limped to lunch at 5-134.

After lunch Sinclair raised his bat for a well deserved century off 170 balls, not long after Sinclair and Lythe stretched their partnership to 50 as the home crowd's hopes increased. Sixty minutes was lost due to bad weather as tea was taken early. Central Districts would have loved for the poor weather continued, as when they returned Cyclone Thomas hit McLean Park. The Colts quick ripped through the lower order with an amazing display of pace and aggression. Central Districts went fromm 5-188 to be all out for 193. Sinclair was unbeaten on 116 as was a class above the rest of his teammates.

The Man of the Match award was presented to Jasotharan for his brilliant counter-attacking first innings 192.

The Cricketweb Colts play Wellington tomorrow.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nah, it's okay, I just didn't see the other post at the time I posted. CW being very slow (or down entirely) for me lately, I might have posted that and it took a while to go through or something.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Nah, it's okay, I just didn't see the other post at the time I posted. CW being very slow (or down entirely) for me lately, I might have posted that and it took a while to go through or something.

That's nothing compared to my heartattack when I realised that I should have written the report in wordpad or something before posting it. When it took abou 4 minutes for the post to appear I almost died, as I wasn't going to write all that out again.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Don't know how many times I've lost a really long post for similar reasons. :(

This list is just for the sake of having a recent roster...

Top Order
AS Das
BC Fitzsimmons
DK Rai
DP Towns
J Griffen
J Law

Middle Order
CR Butler
JB Malthus
S Jasotharan (wk)
WA Kerr (wk)

All Rounders
MW Wilson
NR Hancock

Spin Bowlers
TV Weber
JP McNamara

Pace Bowlers
DW Pares
GM Thomas
KS Wright (captain)
T Bochat

If anything there is wrong, let me know...

Last edited: