• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Top order x 3
Middle order x 4
Lower order x 4
Seam x 4
Spin x 1 (Seam x 5 if no spinners)
Fielding x 1

It sort of neglects fielding and teams with 2+ spinners, but it's a very handy system. It'll be really good once it can determine the number of spinners. In fact, we should just work it out with the actual number of spinners, since we're doing it manually. So seam x (no. of seamers) and spin x (no. of spinners) for the bowling.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opening Balance (PAN)
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: proficient
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: woeful

Opening Balance (GFI)
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: strong
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: feeble

So that would make my batstat rating (assuming worthless = 1) 100 on PAN, and 114 on GFI.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Anchormen (GFI)
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: remarkable
Seam Bowling: wonderful
Spin Bowling: miraculous
Fielding: mediocre

Batstat Rating: 164 :cool:

I haven't got a recent PAN to go by, but my TIE Batstat would drop by at least 20 I'd imagine.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tawonga Tigers PAN
Top Order: mediocre
Middle Order: competent
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: woeful

90 if I'm not mistaken?

PY

International Coach
Anchormen (GFI)
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: remarkable
Seam Bowling: wonderful
Spin Bowling: miraculous
Fielding: mediocre

Batstat Rating: 164 :cool:

I haven't got a recent PAN to go by, but my TIE Batstat would drop by at least 20 I'd imagine.
Stacked the middle order to cheat IMO. :p

PY

International Coach
Mine's 130 on PAN. Though may just put all my decent bats in the 4-7 slots next game.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Stacked the middle order to cheat IMO. :p
It wouldn't really make that big a difference though - it's just a "shuffling" to accentuate your strengths. I mean, the middle order rating doesn't get a boost out of nowhere... you can only achieve the ratings that your players allow.

Anchormen (TIE)
Top Order: remarkable
Middle Order: respectable
Seam Bowling: superb
Spin Bowling: exceptional
Fielding: feeble

Batstat Rating: 125

Meh. That's without stacking my middle order ;)

nibbs

International Captain
as for the seedings, i feel the main three factors that should be considered are previous cw bt cup performance or performances, how good the side actually is, and whether a side is still in their nation's cup at the time the draw is made. i'm not really sure how much weight should be placed on either category. i don't really think there is any scientific way to produce an accurate rankings. who can really be bothered sitting around coming up with something like that anyway? ultimately it all really just comes down to someones opinion. i tend to feel that the person in charge of the event should do this how they see fit given they're one putting the effort into running the event. its never going to be perfect, but by god, we can always try.

that is all.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I always thought a seeding system should be based on how good teams actually are, as opposed to previous standings and so on. Batstat rankings, or even the discretion of a small group of suitable people, should decide seedings IMO.
Some of us aren't in hugh enough leagues to be ranked on batstats....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
What if you get a ****ed up draw and draw a D1 side early one, like I have for the last ****ing four seasons. Seedings should always been based on past cup performances IMO, i.e teams that make SF should get seeded.
To clarify: I meant that the teams join the CW Cup based on when they're knocked out of the BT Cup. So if you get knocked out early you'll have little chance of drawing a D1 side early on, since they've had an easier draw and probably won't get knocked out. Teams that qualify from the early stages won't necessarily meet teams that have been given byes due to BT Cup commitments either, that would be based on a separate seeding system.

Sorry for the confusion.

PY

International Coach
It wouldn't really make that big a difference though - it's just a "shuffling" to accentuate your strengths. I mean, the middle order rating doesn't get a boost out of nowhere... you can only achieve the ratings that your players allow.
Yeah it was more a reference to how I think those weightings are not ideal because more weight on the middle order when my (crap) lot don't get in very much because my top order knock them off.

You've opened a bigger gap between our teams in past couple of yrs! Would probably take my bowling attack against yours with my opposition but your batting is coming on pretty well.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Cup is finishing up mate. Semis and Final only to come. You're more than welcome to sign up for the next one, but that won't be for a while.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok mate.

OK, I'll check that out - I don't understand what it is.

It has nothing to do with Battrick right?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ok mate.

OK, I'll check that out - I don't understand what it is.

It has nothing to do with Battrick right?
Nothing to do with battrick. You sign up with your real life, or imaginary, stats and "you" play in games with the rest of us here on cricketweb and if you're good enough, in tests against the worlds best. It's a fantasy league type of thing.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Haha, pretty cheeky.

Totally lead me off track to something that your heavily involved in:p

Anyways, how tough is this Battrick League? Is it mainly competitors with loads of experience?