• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you share your birthday with a Test cricketer?

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I share my birthday with Jeff Dujon, Misbah-ul-Haq and Ashwell Prince.

Also with Bob Crisp, whom I've never heard of, but seems a mighty interesting fellow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
October 15th, cbf looking myself.

Thanks in advance, Rich.
Yeah, Steve Camacho, Gul Mohammad, and more recently Ravi Rampaul (2 years your senior). Plus some more obscure names (Gul being only famous for being a dual international and for being involved in the highest First-Class stand in history (577) with Vijay Hazare.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
A couple of facts, as well as birthdays for January 25th.

Birthdays
1867 Bill Storer (England)
1879 Arthur Nourse (South Africa)
1906 Denijs Morkel (South Africa)
1908 Hopper Levett (England)
1925 Eric Dempster (New Zealand)
1969 Tim de Leede (Netherlands)
1979 David Mutendera (Zimbabwe)

Facts
1952 Richie Benaud debuted for Australia taking 1/14.
1957 South Africa's Hugh Tayfield bowled 137 balls without conceding a run during England's first innings. This still remains as a record.
1976 Surinder Armanath made 124 on his debut test match.
1985 The great Wasim Akram debuted against NZ.
1991 Mark Waugh scored 138 in his first test.

I feel cool now...:cool:

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
29th nov...and i share it with YK (PAKISTAN)... and theres also an indian n zimbabwe plyr bt not very interested in them

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rajab Ali
Willie Bates
Henry Jupp
Frank Mission
Richard Drumbill
Salim Jaffar
Adrian Griffith

Only heard of Jaffar and Griffith, though. :(

Cool things that happened on November 19th include:

1986: First test win for England in the Ashes... Botham made a hundred and Emburey and another guy took some wickets.

1932: First signs of Bodyline, apparently. And Larwood took his 1000th FC wicket.

2000: Donald took his 300th test wicket.

EDIT: My birthday is "National Integrity Day" here in India... I share my birthday with:

Indira Gandhi (late former PM of India)
Sushmita Sen (former Miss Universe)
Jodie Foster
Meg Ryan

Damn... what abt the guys born that day? :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rajab Ali
Willie Bates
Henry Jupp
Frank Mission
Richard Drumbill
Salim Jaffar
Adrian Griffith

Only heard of Jaffar and Griffith, though. :(
Jupp was one of England's best batsmen in the pre-WG Grace days, though the two's careers overlapped for many years. Dunno any of the rest myself though TBH (apart from Jaffar and Griffith, and even Jaffar I only know the name, not the first thing about him).

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
As has been mentioned, Nathan Bracken.

All else in life means nothing. EDIT: Including that on the same date, in 2005 we lost the Ashes, and in 2007 we lost to Zimbabwe.
Just a bad date for Australian Cricket I guess:laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
October 2nd

Sir Pelham Warner
Budhi Kunderan
Tom Moody
Alan Wells
Justin Kemp

There were about five or six others, but mostly nobodies. Interesting to note that in 1994 Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mushtaq Ahmed took Pakistan to victory agains Australia and Steve Waugh struck 157 in 1998 to set up Australia's first ever win in Pakistan. In 1964, during a South African trial, Colin Bland and Denis Lindsay scored 267 runs in 99 minutes.

Craig

World Traveller
Not a cricketer obviously, but I had no idea Nelson Mandela and myself (and anybody else born on June 11) share the same birthday, including Joe Montana, Gene Wilder, Jacques Cousteau, Vince Lombardi, while John Dyson and Henry Williams were born on this day as well.

Cricketing wise, Pelham Warner made the first radio ball-by-ball coverage for the Middlesex and Nottinghamshire. Saqlain Mushtaq took a WC hat-trick against Zimbabwe and while Gloucestershire were routed for just 12 :mellow: and George Dennett had match figures of 15-20 :-O :blink: ! Quite unlucky not play for England or was the original destoryer on a wet wicket.

None cricketing wise, Captain James Cook discovered the Great Barrier Reef off of Australia when he ran aground in 1770, while in 1937 Josef Stalin began a purge of Red Army generals and Timothy McVeigh was executed by the U.S. federal government for his role in the bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City in 2001.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
October 2nd

Sir Pelham Warner
Budhi Kunderan
Tom Moody
Alan Wells
Justin Kemp

There were about five or six others, but mostly nobodies. Interesting to note that in 1994 Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mushtaq Ahmed took Pakistan to victory agains Australia and Steve Waugh struck 157 in 1998 to set up Australia's first ever win in Pakistan. In 1964, during a South African trial, Colin Bland and Denis Lindsay scored 267 runs in 99 minutes.
u know, mate, you share your birthday with M.K. Gandhi. :)