• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni for Captain?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fratboy said:
Well, if you say so. I'd expect an intelligent person to read an entire post if he's going to be making wisecracks. I'm sure you won't disappoint in future.
You are aware that a wisecrack doesn't pertain to a logical conversation, therefore it doesn't require much reading at all.:mellow:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni has very good leadership qualities and should be the captain for India starting now.....Dravid is useless......atleast with Dhoni we have a chance to win a 20/20.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
nightprowler10 said:
Didn't you say you were leaving? What made you change your mind?
Leaving as in I am not gonna be a regular poster anymore, however a few posts here and there is fine.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:
Dhoni has very good leadership qualities and should be the captain for India starting now.....Dravid is useless......atleast with Dhoni we have a chance to win a 20/20.
I'm interested to see the logic behind that statement...

adharcric

International Coach
If Dravid's just saying things like "Dhoni's a natural strokemaker so he'll get out like that" in public to avoid calling out his players, that's fine. He better not be conveying that message to Dhoni, because to hell with the "natural strokemakers", we need guys who can be depended upon to score runs and win us matches.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
Useless? What two series lost makes him useless?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On the topic itself, Dhoni as captain has been good so far for mine. How do you people rate him as captain now?

jeevan

International 12th Man
On the topic itself, Dhoni as captain has been good so far for mine. How do you people rate him as captain now?
Today's match was a definite blemish on his tenure, he's lost games before but this one was different.

Not so smart agreeing to the selection of this XI. Resting 3 first pick bowlers and then playing with only 4 bowlers showed (when India does not have an abundance in that dept)

Especially when the 5th bowler made way for Sehwag (Rohit Sharma had to be given one chance) who didnt do anything with bat and ball. Also not smart was moving Uthappa to the top order.

We can probably give him a benefit of doubt that his hands were tied, But very avoidable choices cost India a game today.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I doubt anyone was too bothered about the actual result of the game TBH - sure, it was against Pakistan, but the emphasis was clearly on trying-out players, and I for one am certainly glad I finally saw Rohit Sharma do something of note.