• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling celebration you have seen

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The one I would like to see would be if the crowd is packed and it probably work in front of Bay 13 at the MCG would be if an opposition fielder had been copping crap all day and took a catch and turned around put his finger to his mouth trying to hush the crowd, that would be a classic IMO. You see in football or soccer so you might know what I'm talking about.
Matthew Sinclair did that to the Aussie fans after "that" catch in the VB series a couple of years back. Just pointed at them all.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah WWE and Cena might file a copyright violation case against the Windies (Windies might say that they were just trying to be a part of the Chain gang) :lol:
But i love Binga's chainsaw celebration, and i also really loved Warnie's celebration when he got his 700th wicket he was running so fast that whole of the Australian team weren't able to catch up with him, thats the fastest i have seen Warnie run.
Sreesanth's celebration though are dire and idiotic but they are funny to watch.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah WWE and Cena might file a copyright violation case against the Windies (Windies might say that they were just trying to be a part of the Chain gang) :lol:
But i love Binga's chainsaw celebration, and i also really loved Warnie's celebration when he got his 700th wicket he was running so fast that whole of the Australian team weren't able to catch up with him, thats the fastest i have seen Warnie run.
Sreesanth's celebration though are dire and idiotic but they are funny to watch.
You sure he wasn't running to answer a SMS?

pup11

International Coach
Craig, Mate i don't think Warnie sends too many SMS's now, he would be more inclined to send MMS's since there is so much more scope for him to express and shown his feelings through a MMS (i guess you know what i mean).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig, Mate i don't think Warnie sends too many SMS's now, he would be more inclined to send MMS's since there is so much more scope for him to express and shown his feelings through a MMS (i guess you know what i mean).
Given how his latest bust-up with Simone went, I think you can bet a fair bit that Shane is still firing of those SMS's.

Craig

World Traveller
Given how his latest bust-up with Simone went, I think you can bet a fair bit that Shane is still firing of those SMS's.
Shane Warne and Italian people have to be the two biggest profit makers for any mobile phone company.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Maybe amongst the West Indian bowlers, but they definitely 'stole' it from a wrestler. John Sena maybe? I can't remember his name.
No, I'm pretty sure there's a story behind that one. I believe the bowlers in question are from the same island and I remember an article in which they explained that celebration. Can't be bothered to dig that article up now though, tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
My favourite was one by Merv Hughes which Ive replicated on a number of occasions down the years.

Sometime even if you are bowling rapid and you bowl a guy the stumps dont fly everywhere and just get knocked back a bit.

Watched Merv bowl a guy, knock the stumps back and then run up to the stumps, grab offstump and then physically throw the stump and make it cartwheel in the air for 30m. :)

Loved it and as I said, Im not embarrassed to say Ive copied it on occasion.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I'm pretty sure there's a story behind that one. I believe the bowlers in question are from the same island and I remember an article in which they explained that celebration. Can't be bothered to dig that article up now though, tbh.
There could be for all I know. I remember reading an article suggesting that they stole that from John Cena though, so I'm not sure if it's something they did as a group or whatever. They probably did, since you said they are all from the same island.

R_D

International Debutant
I love Shoaib's glider

Yeah i quite like that as its reminder of Ashish Nehra destroying English ODI team in 2003.... he was using similar celebration. Its called aeroplane Jelly celebration for mine... people in might remember the " i like aeroplane Jelly ad". :p

Sreesanth pitch thumping was quite hilarious thou.

Always liked Warne's celebrations.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well some of have been mentioned before i.e the opening post, Freddie's off the shirt celebaration in India & the ``you can't see me celebration`` invented by the windies quicks during England's 2004 tour to the caribbean.

Some others that come to mind over the years are:

- Ambrose and as usual hand up in air celebration

- Akram's scream when he usally got someone out

- Flintoff celebration after bowling Gilchrist at lord's

- Harbhajan's celebration after dismissing Gilchrist in Bangalore in 2004

- Warne's celebration after bowling Laxman in 2004 & dismissing Freddie @ the oval

- Tino Best after getting his first test wicket in 2004

a few others definately but can't put my finger on it...

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Watched Merv bowl a guy, knock the stumps back and then run up to the stumps, grab offstump and then physically throw the stump and make it cartwheel in the air for 30m. :)
Bit dangerous?

Plus, the umps wouldn't be all that happy with you.