• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pro Cycling Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be fully expecting Geraint Thomas to be racing for Barloworld as well. Hopefully Tinkoff will let either Hamilton or Jaksche race, but it's probably beneath them.

JBMAC

State Captain
Another Astana rider positive and the Germans do not want the tour winner...Just what the bloody hell is going on? Don't they know they are going to get caught with modern sophistication or are they so bloody arrogant thinking they will get away with it sic doping

Matteh

Given that's the 3rd in the last couple of months, i can't really see them being allowed to go to the Vuelta myself.

Craig

World Traveller
Given that's the 3rd in the last couple of months, i can't really see them being allowed to go to the Vuelta myself.
At least T-Mobile is staying on. Have become a fan of them this year, wasn't too keen on Jan Ullrich, preferred Lance Armstrong. Anyway this whole Contador thing stinks, He won Paris-Nice and several other races and overalls in Spain and nothing gets said and now that he is the winner of the Tour he is probed. Well why isn't Allan Davis getting investigated and why was solid DC domestique Sergio Paulinho was allowed to start the Tour when he rode for the same team as Contador and Davis in 2005 and 2006 and even got a stage win.

The whole thing is a load of bull**** and Contador wasn't even got to race in Hamburg anyway :dry:

On a brighter note at least the Tour of Germany is starting and (IMO) Deutschland-Tour >>> Vuelta for at least for interest and crowds. How many turn up and see a Vuelta stage? I'm going for Leiphemier to win the overall even if Jens Voigt will be motivated to get victory in his home race while I think Paolo Bettini will get a stage (so will Ciolek IMO), I don't think he will go too hard and look to use it as training for the World which are held in Stuttgart.

Matteh

David Millar picked up 2nd overall in the ENECO Tour, ended up only 11 seconds adrift. In a good week for British cycling, Mark Cavendish picked up the points jersey in the same tour.

Craig

World Traveller
Heard that Cadel Evans could be getting a super-domestique in the form of Levi Leiphemier.

Craig

World Traveller
Anything more on this?? Would be the gunnest thing ever
So far Levi hasn´t said what team he will ride for next year. Whoever he races for though, he will be wearing the USA National Championship Jersey since he won it recently.

Craig

World Traveller
Cadel Evans as already got a stronger squad fornext year with the signing of Yaroslav Popovych who finished 8th this year and a stage winner from last year.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cadel Evans as already got a stronger squad fornext year with the signing of Yaroslav Popovych who finished 8th this year and a stage winner from last year.
Hm. McEwen must be worried, his team won't be working for him any more.

Either that or he's retiring on us after attempting to win some classic.

Craig

World Traveller
Hm. McEwen must be worried, his team won't be working for him any more.

Either that or he's retiring on us after attempting to win some classic.
Interesting what will happen in 2009 when this Australian team finally gets going and at the rate sponsors are leaving (Gerolsteiner are another leaving next year) it shouldn´t be too hard to get in because McEwen has said he would like to race for them.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Popo is a great signing for Lotto, leadership in the Giro and super helper at the Tour. Doubt they would have the cash to sign Levi as well(i guess depends what happens with Horner.
Also Craig, any help for Hoste next season?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Pro Cycling came back to ireland about 2 weeks ago the tour of ireland.
Came right through my local village great to see.