• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
As a Sri Lankan, I know he is one of the most humblest cricketers ever. And definitely a great person.

I am worried once he finishes Cricket career, he will end up in Politics and ruin his nice character and name...:ph34r:
Hmm very hard to see him as a politician he is more similar to Aravinda than to Arjuna dont you think?

Anyway lets hope if he does become one he will be the best (the place needs a good politician) but i hope he gets into coaching and management.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh have announced tomorrows XI:

Tamim Iqbal, Javed Omar, Aftab Ahmed, Saqibul Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful (c), Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Farhad Reza, Mahmudullah Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel.

Aritro

International Regular
Tushar's omission is very welcome indeed. Hopefully it's permanent.

Javed Omar's inclusion at the expense of Nafees is rather less welcome however. He might be good at playing the anchor role (although I'd argue that simply leaving every hittable ball isn't so much 'playing the anchor role' as 'knowing you're crap and playing accordingly') but if this pitch is as tough as I've heard it is, I doubt his poor technique will see him through the early overs anyway.

We do need someone to stick around though, so maybe it'll work out.

I don't know enough about Riyad to have an opinion but it's worth pointing out that even at first class and A team levels he's never been anything better than 'handy'. That said, any selection that gives us an alternative to bowling Farhad Reza is a good one.

Last edited:

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
The Only reason that the Bangladeshi's performed at the WC to at least somewhat of a respectable level is because of Dave Whatmore ........ Now Thay are back to school cricket level sadly !

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
I havent been following this series closely, so could someone tell me why Mashrafe Mortaza aint playing. He is easily their best bowler and more than handy lower order batsman.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
heard they are making sweeping changes on the bangladeshi cricket board, that should make up for the lack of cricketing talent...

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Sri Lanka likely to make 3 changes and in ashantha de mels words "jehan Mubarak will continue to bat at no 7" GReat just wonderful now he is assured of another long and failed run in the 11, wouldnt be suprised if he is opening the batting in the CB series

This is just the biggest joke it happens all the time in general life in SL and this is an example of the politcal selection at its worst, :@

They gna replace Dilshan or Silva what do i do here? absolutly pathetic

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I rather Kapu at 7 any day of the week. But considering the runs that Mubarak has scored at A level and lack of runs Kapu has scored lately. I think he might be a decent option as an out and out slogger at No 7, until Kapu learns how to bat again.

Having a player like him at 7 could help our problem in the last 10 overs. But i guess he has to score double figures first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I rather Kapu at 7 any day of the week. But considering the runs that Mubarak has scored at A level and lack of runs Kapu has scored lately. I think he might be a decent option as an out and out slogger at No 7, until Kapu learns how to bat again.

Having a player like him at 7 could help our problem in the last 10 overs. But i guess he has to score double figures first.
I never really saw Muburak as a slogger though - just a stroke-player with a really bad technique. A poor man's Russel Arnold, if you will.

pup11

International Coach
The Only reason that the Bangladeshi's performed at the WC to at least somewhat of a respectable level is because of Dave Whatmore ........ Now Thay are back to school cricket level sadly !
You make a good point mate, i also think Bangladesh looked a much organised team under Whatmore coaching, but since he left Bangladesh thinking that he would get to coach either India or Pakistan (but now since both Pakistan and India have rejected him) where does that leave him now, why is he suddenly so out of favour??????????

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I never really saw Muburak as a slogger though - just a stroke-player with a really bad technique. A poor man's Russel Arnold, if you will.
Yeah he is more of stroke player then slogger. But for some reason he tries to hit everything for four or six at ODI level. I think someone told him his earmarked for Jayasuriya spot in the side, so he goes out of his way to show he can hit the odd six or four.

The funny thing is there a guy that just made the A side last off season MDK Perera, who has been picked as potential Jayasuriya replacement. Top order slogger and bowls some handy spinners. His more of natural slogger and better spinner then Muburak. But he will never be good enough to open at ODI level and not much better then a part timer with the bowl at that level. The selector got to stop trying to find the next <insert once in generation> and just let guys develop into their own type of players.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh can win at least 2 of these ODIs if not 3 if they really play well.

I expect them definitely win at least 2 ...
I see your underestimating your side and overestimating the opposition once more JASON. I fear for Sri Lanka the day you say your side is any good. :)

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
ideally our No7 should be able to bowl 5-6 overs and , Gyan Wijekoon is a prominent name in A teams

This is the sad part Mubarak has played 30 ODI s to score 3 half centuries,

Wijekoon had 2 tests (not his game) and De Saram had very little and even some one like Lanka De Silva and Thilina Kandamby dumped easily, Why Warnapura was dumped after 1 failure.

all i am saying is Mubarak has had plenty of opportunity and for me not to harp on about this he has to deliver we more knocks of note because looks like he will play lot more whether we like it or not.