• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just bought this guy on a whim:

Gagan Sagren (1361422)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 4,444
Wages: £464 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: mediocre

17k. Probably a waste of money. Worth training? I do need batsmen...was going to wait until next financial update before going for a 'gun' trainee though.

Edit: Was thinking that if I put him on a stamina net until he hit mediocre and then convert that into a second batting net...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just bought this guy on a whim:

Gagan Sagren (1361422)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 4,444
Wages: £464 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: mediocre

17k. Probably a waste of money. Worth training? I do need batsmen...was going to wait until next financial update before going for a 'gun' trainee though.

Edit: Was thinking that if I put him on a stamina net until he hit mediocre and then convert that into a second batting net...
No.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't see what's so bad about training him, really. Plenty of the guns on this website started out as Mediocre's. It's not ideal but if you feel the need to train him he can still be a gun.

NZTailender

I don't see what's so bad about training him, really. Plenty of the guns on this website started out as Mediocre's. It's not ideal but if you feel the need to train him he can still be a gun.
Yeah true. Problem is my general lack of free nets. Only possibly solution is to reduce some of my trainees to one net or discontinue Weerappuli's nets.

Neale Gleeson = 2 x bowling
Nicolas Dhinsda = 2 x batting
Ed Mills = 2 x bowling
Jimmy Knowles = 2 x bowling
Wahid Weerappuli = 1 x bowling, 1 x batting

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Trev can't get on CW at the moment, but he's emailed me saying that he's about 250k short on a player whose bidding ends at 12.45 BT time, so if anyone's willing to bid on either of his players on the market at the moment (the two respectable bowlers he mentioned earlier) he'd appreciate it.

Edit: never mind, did it myself. I don't actually want him, so feel free to outbid me...

Edit2: Thanks Trev.

Last edited:

andyc

End of Over 26: 68-5, runrate=2.62
Canning 8-3-19-5
Rush* 25 (51 balls)
Warlock 2 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Herring c. Farmer b. Canning 0 (FOW: 62/5)

Canning on fire

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 29: 168-2, runrate=5.79
Basham	8-0-51-0
Munroe*	60 (49 balls)
Keane	78 (86 balls)
Going well, need these guys to push on and both make big ton's though, don't have much to come. Holly's not really ready for the big time yet and Heads tries hard but doesn't have the raw skills.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 35: 199-3, runrate=5.69
Wilks	6-0-32-1
Holly*	2 (2 balls)
Munroe	78 (70 balls)
Last Wicket: Keane c. Mcdermott b. Wilks 87 (FOW: 196/3)
Bah. Wanted him to get a ton so bad, he had hit the stamina wall though, need to get his stamina up to resp, hopefully Munroe kicks on and makes a big one, if he doesn't I'm in serious trouble.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 42: 241-3, runrate=5.74
Wilks	9-0-55-1
Holly*	16 (23 balls)
Munroe	105 (91 balls)
Munroe needs to kick on and make the big one, 150+, if I'm to have a chance here.

andyc

Bowled them out for 129 in the end. Probably would've been less if I hadn't accidentally had Farmer (worthless) as my keeper instead of Terry (quality). Made a stumping though tbf.

NZTailender

End of Over 44: 274-1, runrate=6.23
Cash 8-0-49-1
Kamara* 133 (127 balls)
Khanyisile 34 (33 balls)
Last Wicket: Benedict b. Cash 97 (FOW: 206/1)

My entirely mediocre bowlers doing no worse than my 1st XI.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
49.2 	W	Kealeboga to Pryde
 	 	Give me an 'L'! Give me a 'B'! Give me a 'W'! What does that spell? LBW! He's out!
49.1 	1	Kealeboga to Munroe
 	 	Driven back to the bowler. Kealeboga collects it and flings it back at the stumps. No one was backing up and the batsmen steal an overthrow. Sloppy stuff.
Smart batting there by Alex.

EDIT: Yeah, great stuff, take a single first ball and your two tailenders go for goldens. Still, pretty happy I cracked the 300.

Code:
End of Over 50: 301-10, runrate=6.02
Kealeboga	9-0-68-3
Munroe*	134 (108 balls)

Last edited:

NZTailender

End of Over 50: 321-2, runrate=6.42
Freeman 10-0-72-1
Khanyisile* 57 (50 balls)
Wonnacott 2 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Kamara c. Jones b. Freeman 155 (FOW: 313/2)

That's really not far off how my 1st XI would've gone. Knowles would've taken about 1-72 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.