• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Have nothing against the population of Ireland personally.. Just hate your fly half.
Wee Ronan? Find it hard to imagine him provoking that level of emotion in anyone except maybe Duncan McRae.

He is really arrogant. And I don't like him for what he said about English Domestic rugby.
Ronan o'Gara is a the best place kicker in the world and one of the best overall fly-halfs
i dont know much about him of the field but he is a world class player!!!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No way, Carter is untouchable, and that's coming from somebody that doesn't particularly like him.

O'Gara has some good traits, most notably his long kicking, but other than that I've seen little to suggest he is anywhere near as good as Carter in terms of tackling, pace, passing etc.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
No way O'Gara is far better then you think he can find touch great,his place is kicking amazing and he can go over for tries aswell!!

Perm

I rate Pretorius, Larkham, Jones and Michalak all above Ronan O'Gara. As you can see I prefer a more attacking flyhalf than one who will play to a game plan of plugging the corners.

Piper

International Captain
No way, Carter is untouchable, and that's coming from somebody that doesn't particularly like him.

O'Gara has some good traits, most notably his long kicking, but other than that I've seen little to suggest he is anywhere near as good as Carter in terms of tackling, pace, passing etc.
Agreed!
To we considered to be a world class fly half you have to be good in all areas not just one or two. Carter is the best fly half in the world for that reason.

Why don't you like Carter, Perm?

Is it coz he models boxers?

Perm

He plays for Canterbury and I just get sick of how some of the commentators seem to orgasm over him every time he scores a try or something similar, I mean he is a good player but already they label him as the greatest rugby player ever which is ridiculous.

Piper

International Captain
He plays for Canterbury and I just get sick of how some of the commentators seem to orgasm over him every time he scores a try or something similar, I mean he is a good player but already they label him as the greatest rugby player ever which is ridiculous.
Ooooh understandable I guess. I think he's a great player. I guess sometimes the hype over him goes too far.

ripper868

International Coach
carter will get injured and disappear. yes the kid is good, what happened to carlos spencer, wasnt he be hailed as the best this and that not too long ago?

Perm

carter will get injured and disappear. yes the kid is good, what happened to carlos spencer, wasnt he be hailed as the best this and that not too long ago?
Spencer never had the all-round game that Carter has, neither did he have the mental capabilities.

ripper868

International Coach
true, but spencer was being called the best five-eigth at the time. now that i think about it, his demise occured when nz switched to the flat attack style...