• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Tom Halsey

International Coach
So why did the wicketkeeper and all the fieldsmen behind the bat instantly go up for the appeal, while the batsman looked behind to see if it had been caught?
That's why I said it isn't certain, and I don't know whether he's hit it or not. My point is that it isn't a certainty, and if that is your argument that it was out, then that is basically circumstancial evidence, implying that it isn't a certainty he hit it.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Alan Richardson. :no:
Yeah... rubbish bowler for most of his career but has benn taking plenty of wickets for Middlesex for the past 3 seasons. Apparantly a much improved bowler. Seems hard to think that he was quite poor at Warwickshire to being so good for Middlesex near the end of his career.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
No. Just a head-high Beamer one. :shy:
Don't worry mate. Me as a leg spinner frequently bowl waist high full tosses usually because there is a fault in my run up. Are you sure you are getting through your action and "bowling" the ball instead of just trying to loop it up?.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Missed the whole of 2006 but took hatfuls of wickets in 2005 and at the start of this year.
Bowled well for exactly three months IMO. Then broke down, took 16 wickets in Middx' last 6 games after injury (at 37.12, still managed a season average of 25) got relegated, broke down again, now bowling in Division 2 vs Glamorgan and Notts. The best batsman he's got out this year is probably Jimmy Maher.

If you're going to call up a Middx man, it should be Silverwood.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't worry mate. Me as a leg spinner frequently bowl waist high full tosses usually because there is a fault in my run up. Are you sure you are getting through your action and "bowling" the ball instead of just trying to loop it up?.
I'm a seamer, so no. :ph34r:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
"Loop" was the wrong word. I meant are you following through and do you have aggresion when running into bowl?.Does your run up have momentum and purpose?.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"Loop" was the wrong word. I meant are you following through and do you have aggresion when running into bowl?.Does your run up have momentum and purpose?.
Not as much as it should do, no. Nor my followthrough. My back and right-ankle, too, are less than they might be. I have much wrong with my bowling, and not least is that just about the only time I bowl is when I turn-up for a game.

I simply need to bowl more - and that requires finding the time, which with work, CW, gym, girlfriends (yes, the "s" is unneccessary, but you know what I mean :ph34r: ), and one or two other things... doesn't come easy. :mellow:

And if anyone dares quite Phil Collins' worst cover ever, I WILL kill them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:blink: Bob Cottam is possibly the best bowling-coach of all-time, and certainly the best England have ever had, who worked with a multitude of bowlers and got many good things out of the lot of 'em.

As opposed to the overrated Troy Cooley who got Andrew Flintoff's reverse-swing skills working better than they had been previously, and had a load of other mythology build-up around him. Good bowling-coach though he might be, he's done nowhere near what some would have us believe.