• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Kangas
Collingwood
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Saints
West Coast (can't believe how many people are tipping Geelong - WCE to win by 54 points IMO)
Doggies
Freo (this is the last chance in my book for tipping this year but...)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
54 points. Are you just being a prick for the sake of it?

(That's the margin they fought back from last year to beat us, IIRC.)

Hoggy31

International Captain
North Melbourne vs. Essendon
Collingwood vs. Carlton
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond
Brisbane vs. Adelaide
St. Kilda vs. Sydney
Geelong vs. West Coast
Western Bullogs vs. Melbourne
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
PATTY RYDER! Had him on my field in my main Dream Team with Cox's injury, and he goes and rips me 99 points. What a champ.

Too bad the rest of the Bombers aren't as awesome as Ryder... they were ordinary today, and won't make the 8.

Roos are sooooo much better to watch this year compared to last year. Its like they went back to 2005 mode again with Grant, Harvey and Harris ripping teams to shreds.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Our midfield is ****.

Postives where:

Davey, continues to be a gun
Ryder, same as Davey
Houli, Solid debut.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm getting a bit tired of them mentioning Houli is Muslim every chance they get. I dunno about the Herald Sun because I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole, but The Age had a headline "Faces of Islam" with pics of Houli. FFS get over it. So stupid.

mikeW

I'm getting a bit tired of them mentioning Houli is Muslim every chance they get. I dunno about the Herald Sun because I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole, but The Age had a headline "Faces of Islam" with pics of Houli. FFS get over it. So stupid.
The fact he can actually play has me excited.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha, was discussing this very topic with a mate at work today, and itbt i said the exact same thing. Good on him for making it into the top league, but sheesh, when they start talking about how they don't want any racial abuse thrown towards him.... They're hardly helping the situation by continuing to point out the fact that he is muslim, which imo, is only going to make the problem more likely to occur because they're harping on about it so much.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact he can actually play has me excited.
Yeah he looked good during the NAB Cup game vs. Carlton, and he would have been in a few of my Dream Teams, probably ahead of Lindsay Thomas had Essendon selected him round 1. When he wasn't selected round 1 I decided to hold off, but he does look very very solid.

Kicked a nice goal, and gave a few nice handpasses off. Didn't look like he was overwhelmed at all.

Essendon look to have drafted quite well this year (from the limited things we've seen of their players), particularly if Gumbleton and that other bloke whose name slips my mind are as good as I've read with regards to their performances in the VFL so far.

Last edited:

mikeW

Yeah he looked good during the NAB Cup game vs. Carlton, and he would have been in a few of my Dream Teams, probably ahead of Lindsay Thomas had Essendon selected him round 1. When he wasn't selected round 1 I decided to hold off, but he does look very very solid.

Kicked a nice goal, and gave a few nice handpasses off. Didn't look like he was overwhelmed at all.

Essendon look to have drafted quite well this year (from the limited things we've seen of their players), particularly if Gumbleton and that other bloke whose name slips my mind are as good as I've read with regards to their performances in the VFL so far.
Reimers? Jetta?

They all look very good. And we needed some good drafting after the crap we got from 2000-2003

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah I've already seen Jetta obviously along with Davey and Houli, I think his name is Hislop?

Anyway my mate, who is a mad Essendon fan, reckons everything he read of Gumbleton pre-injury was pretty positive, with BOG performances and all. Apparently Hislop is a tough mofo with reports galore in the early stage of his career lol.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yessss, could be in the 4 in two weeks, not that I'm getting ahead of myself though. Our on-ball brigade is shaping up to be one of the best in the comp, IMO. Just lacks one polished finisher with deadly foot skills (Judd'd do nicely). Swallow's a dead set gun and Smith's showing what all the hype was about from many Roos supporters. Firrito would probs be leading our B&F at this stage.

mikeW

Nah I've already seen Jetta obviously along with Davey and Houli, I think his name is Hislop?

Anyway my mate, who is a mad Essendon fan, reckons everything he read of Gumbleton pre-injury was pretty positive, with BOG performances and all. Apparently Hislop is a tough mofo with reports galore in the early stage of his career lol.
Yeah Gumby was going real well at Bendigo before doing his hammy, prolly would've played last night because of Lloyd's absence. Hislop has been reported twice already for Bendigo lol, he does go hard at it but probably needs to use his agression a bit better.

Hopefully we dont go on a 19 game losing streak to end the season :@ :laugh:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Far out - so far Port Vs Tigers looks like Richmond is trying to erase last week's game from the record books - and not in a good way...

Status
Not open for further replies.