• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Thread

pup11

International Coach
This should have been India 15 for the WC.

1.S.Ganguly(V-C)
2.R.Uthappa
3.R.Dravid(C)
4.S.Tendulkar
5.V.V.S Laxman
6.Y.Singh
7.MS.Dhoni(W-K)
8.M.Patel
9.A.Agarkar
10.Z.Khan
11.H.Singh
12.Mohd.Kaif
13.R.Powar
14.I.Pathan
15.A.Kumble

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Is there really a genuine possibility of Sehwag being picked in preference to Uthappa?
It looks like both Sehwag(Haven't you been reading all the Dravid quotes???) & Uthappa will be played.

I think the playing 11 is going to be
1) Uthappa
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Tendulkar
5) Ganguly
6) Yuvraj
7) Dhoni
8) Pathan
9) Harbhajan
10) Munaf
11) Zaheer

Evermind

International Debutant
It looks like both Sehwag(Haven't you been reading all the Dravid quotes???) & Uthappa will be played.

1) Uthappa
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Tendulkar
5) Ganguly
6) Yuvraj
7) Dhoni
8) Pathan
9) Harbhajan
10) Munaf
11) Zaheer
The bowling will be taken to the cleaners. Sehwag is a passenger: I hope, I really hope they don't play him.

biased indian

International Coach

1) Uthappa
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Tendulkar
5) Ganguly
6) Yuvraj
7) Dhoni
8) Pathan
9) Harbhajan
10) Munaf
11) Zaheer
is that your bating order also....

i odnt think ganguly is coming any were else other than as opener

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

1) Uthappa
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Tendulkar
5) Ganguly
6) Yuvraj
7) Dhoni
8) Pathan
9) Harbhajan
10) Munaf
11) Zaheer
Ganguly at five (especially with Dravid at three) would be little short of plain madness.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Ganguly at five (especially with Dravid at three) would be little short of plain madness.
According to the indian think-tank its the middle overs that count, which is why i think they will like middle heavy batting lineup.
Uthappa has a very healthy strike rate, and Sehwag does not look as woefully out of touch as his innings seem to indicate. Ganguly has been playing in the middle order in South Africa and I think they will sort of float him and Pathan.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
is that your bating order also....

i odnt think ganguly is coming any were else other than as opener
Yup that is my batting order.........I think they are going to float ganguly up or down the batting order as per the condition of the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yup that is my batting order.........I think they are going to float ganguly up or down the batting order as per the condition of the game.
I don't. I think he'll be pretty much locked into the top 3. Dhoni and to a lesser extent Sehwag will float up and down, but I'd bank on Ganguly batting in the top 3 pretty much every game.

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
According to the indian think-tank its the middle overs that count, which is why i think they will like middle heavy batting lineup.
Uthappa has a very healthy strike rate, and Sehwag does not look as woefully out of touch as his innings seem to indicate. Ganguly has been playing in the middle order in South Africa and I think they will sort of float him and Pathan.
That was in Test matches, where Ganguly has always been a middle order player. He's opened in every ODI he's played since his comeback and has done extremely well.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
That was in Test matches, where Ganguly has always been a middle order player. He's opened in every ODI he's played since his comeback and has done extremely well.
He didn't open in the warm up matches. If india play both Sehwag & Uthappa then he will come down the order.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ganguly just about all his career, and in every game since his comeback (which was after the South Africa ODIs), has been an opener. Sehwag is always woefully out of touch these last 4 years, he's just not that good, and if he plays he's damn lucky. To have him opening and a proven class opener like Ganguly coming in at five would, I repeat, be plain madness.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ganguly just about all his career, and in every game since his comeback (which was after the South Africa ODIs), has been an opener. Sehwag is always woefully out of touch these last 4 years, he's just not that good, and if he plays he's damn lucky. To have him opening and a proven class opener like Ganguly coming in at five would, I repeat, be plain madness.

That has never stopped the Indian selectors from taking decisions which can be termed that, tbh. ;) :p

pup11

International Coach
Indian team for this world cup has been selected prominently on past performances, they haven't shown any flair with their selections and they have been very conservative in their selections.

All the crap from Chappell that India are grooming young players for this WC was meaningless in the end since none of those youngsters were able to make a mark for themselves and in the end India are virtually taking the same team they had for 03 WC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In other words, they've got the best team for the current tournament... the best thing to do...

There are no better batsmen around than Ganguly, Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Dhoni.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Indian team for this world cup has been selected prominently on past performances, they haven't shown any flair with their selections and they have been very conservative in their selections.

All the crap from Chappell that India are grooming young players for this WC was meaningless in the end since none of those youngsters were able to make a mark for themselves and in the end India are virtually taking the same team they had for 03 WC.
The only player who has been selected on past performances is Kumble....most of the other players in the squad have shown good form and are the best options available. Anyway, if you want youngsters, I'd say Uthappa (and possibly even Karthik, Sreesanth and Munaf) qualify.