• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team has the worst bowling attack among the top8?

Which Team has the worst bowling attack in the World Cup

• Australia

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • England

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Indies

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
sirdj said:
Why whats so funny?? Its a toss up between India and Sri Lanka.

We all know that India plays only 4 bowlers, and makes up the remaining 10 overs between Yuvraj, Tendulkar and Sehwag. India can't play both Kumble and Harbhajan in a game(its weakens their batting).
And they will have to choose between Patel and Pathan, based on current form, I feel its going to be Patel. So Basically its Zaheer, Munaf, Harbhajan and Sreesanth.

Being a bowler short is a weak attack to start with.
Zaheer has taken 17 wickets in 10 ODIs @ 23.5 this season. Munaf has taken 20 wickets in 11 ODIs @ 19.8 this season. Agarkar has taken 34 wickets in his last 25 ODIs @ 27.6 and 9 wickets in 5 ODIs @ 18.1 in his last trip to the West Indies. Either you believe that the spinners are the weak link or you should take a break from Indian cricket.
You asked for it. ;)
sirdj said:
Still feel like laughing??
:laugh:

adharcric

International Coach
sirdj said:
Go cough some more and clear out your throat for your next reply.
Just a tip. Don't go around acting bullish when you don't know **** about what you're talking about. :cool:

That's all. Jono and Dasa have already addressed the rest of the crap.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
First he said SL had the worst bowling attack followed by India which was a joke.
I still stand by what I have said.
Then he said Agarkar won't be used much in the WC games which was a joke.
I say that because India plays only 4 bowlers. So If Agarkar plays, it will be at the expense of Pathan, which I dont see happening as Pathan is seen as a better bat.
Then he said Agarkar doesn't have speed, while he is easily the fastest Indian bowler in recent times, which was a joke.
Yes Agarkar does not have genuine 'speed' If you see his short run-up and delivery you will see that he generates his pace from the shoulders unlike genuine pacers who use their back and hips. as a result his balls are 'nippy' and skid off the pitch. Sometimes he is fastish(depending on the pitch) but his deliveries also have the potential to sit up at a good height to be hit.
Then he said the speed guns in Vizag were broken
You claimed that he was bowling over 140, and I said no he was not in his last match, then you retracted that he was bowling at 140 in Vizag, so I said why the great difference in speed in the warm up matches? Could the speedgun at Vizag not have been callibrated properly? Which of the two speeds can we trust, that from Vizag or the ones here for the world cup. I for one would rather trust the speed guns here at the world cup.
and on top of that said I was the one who was basing my posts on opinion, which was a joke. And I could go on for hours tbh, which isn't a joke ... :p.
was it not you who said that you don't need fact and figures to prove your point??? So far I have not seen YOU produce a single fact.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
It's quite sad to see a man dig a hole and throw himself in and then continue to dig some more.

Murali is only the best spinner playing cricket in the world right now. If he "needs turning pitches", Hogg is going to need to bowl on this to have any hope of taking a wicket:

All the countries might as well send all their spinners home.
It all depends from the point of view from where you are standing isnt it. To be in a hole would be preferred than to be standing on a mount of elephant dung, isn't it??

And Murali needs subcontinent pitches........its a known fact...........check the records.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Zaheer has taken 17 wickets in 10 ODIs @ 23.5 this season. Munaf has taken 20 wickets in 11 ODIs @ 19.8 this season. Agarkar has taken 34 wickets in his last 25 ODIs @ 27.6 and 9 wickets in 5 ODIs @ 18.1 in his last trip to the West Indies. Either you believe that the spinners are the weak link or you should take a break from Indian cricket.
You asked for it. ;)
:laugh:
Sometimes figures can be decieving, the ones above at best show decent averages but I wonder against what quality of opposition. If the Indian bowlers are so great then what happened to them the last time they met quality opposition in South Africa in late 2006??

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Just a tip. Don't go around acting bullish when you don't know **** about what you're talking about. :cool:
That's all. Jono and Dasa have already addressed the rest of the crap.
Yes it seems like you would know more about Indian Cricket than someone who has been following it for 27 years from within India.

All I have seen so far from everyone is just the fervent belief that the bowlers from their team are good and all the hype emanating from India.

adharcric

International Coach
Sometimes figures can be decieving, the ones above at best show decent averages but I wonder against what quality of opposition. If the Indian bowlers are so great then what happened to them the last time they met quality opposition in South Africa in late 2006??
Munaf took 2 for 39 from 10 overs in the only match he played in that series. Zaheer had a decent series. Agarkar was poor but he's been fine apart from that series.

adharcric

International Coach
sirdj said:
Yes it seems like you would know more about Indian Cricket than someone who has been following it for 27 years from within India.
Yes, it does seem like that.
sirdj said:
All I have seen so far from everyone is just the fervent belief that the bowlers from their team are good and all the hype emanating from India.
Did anyone say the Indian attack is stellar? No. You're the one throwing out rubbish about India having the worst attack. The hype emanating from India usually comes from the media and folks that produce a similar 'anti-hype' aren't much better.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH the West Indies don't have a brilliant attack by any means.Bradshaw and Gayle are pretty decent and Taylor is more than adequate but Powell,Collymore,Bravo and Dwayne Smith are all distinctfully average ODI bowlers IMO.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Munaf took 2 for 39 from 10 overs in the only match he played in that series. Zaheer had a decent series. Agarkar was poor but he's been fine apart from that series.
Well India lost the ODI series pretty badly........the point is as long as we don't run into quality opposition we are decent. Well just decent is not going to cut it in this world cup.
Australia could afford to leave behind a bowler like Stuart Clark, who can walk into the Indian side on any given day.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Yes, it does seem like that.
I would not count on it.
Did anyone say the Indian attack is stellar? No. You're the one throwing out rubbish about India having the worst attack. The hype emanating from India usually comes from the media and folks that produce a similar 'anti-hype' aren't much better.
I did not say that India has the worst attack, I said it has the second worst attack. I am not trying to produce anti-hype, Why would I? we support the same team? I just have a more realistic view on the Indian attack.

adharcric

International Coach
You seem to know what you are talking about apart from a few bizarre claims. Agarkar is a bench-warmer for India? Pathan will play in a four-man attack? Zaheer and Munaf haven't exactly failed against top sides in the past year so it's unfair to label them as weak-team bashers. Let's see who has a better attack than India ...

Australia? Yes. South Africa? Yes. New Zealand? Not consistently. Pakistan? Not now. West Indies? No. Sri Lanka? No. England? They should but they don't.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia? Yes. South Africa? Yes. New Zealand? Not consistently. Pakistan? Not now. West Indies? No. Sri Lanka? No. England? They should but they don't.
I'd hardly say NZ have a better attack than India.Apart from Bond and Vettori the rest of their bowling is distinctly average.The likes of Tuffey,Gillespie,Adams,Oram and Mason are all pretty poor bowlers IMO where as India have alot of decent one day bowlers in Zaheer,Patel,Harbhajan,Kumble and Pathan.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
You seem to know what you are talking about apart from a few bizarre claims. Agarkar is a bench-warmer for India? Pathan will play in a four-man attack? Zaheer and Munaf haven't exactly failed against top sides in the past year so it's unfair to label them as weak-team bashers.
My claims are not bizzare they are based on certain conclusions. Agarkar has been sitting out of the Indian team till a change in the BCCI & board of selectors took place and Sharad Powar & Dilip Vengsarkar get in. Suddenly Agarkar gets a second chance. Change in form? Luck? or just because he is from Bombay? You decide.

Let's see who has a better attack than India ...
Australia - Definately
South Africa - Definately
New Zealand - Definately, I saw all the matches they won against Australia recently.
Pakistan - Yes, they have more grit.
West Indies - By a small margin Yes.
Sri Lanka? No, they just got thrashed in India, agree that Vaas and Murali were not there. But these two have never performed in a non subcontinent World Cup. They were thrashed in England and mediocre in South Africa.
England? - Yes they do, how else can you beat Australia thrice in a row.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka? No, they just got thrashed in India, agree that Vaas and Murali were not there. But these two have never performed in a non subcontinent World Cup. They were thrashed in England and mediocre in South Africa.
QUOTE]

They drew the test series in England and won the ODI 5 - 0.

They lost the ODIs in India 2 - 1 without Murali and Vaas

Pretty good if u ask me