• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking the Batsmen

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I definately think Barry Richards should be there at the end of the day it wasn't their fault that isolation was caused and prevented them from playing. i would also look at Gary kirsten as a option from a South African Point of view. definatelt think Lara should feature in the top 4 or 5.Otherwise a great list:)

adharcric

International Coach
UPDATE: Grace 6, Compton 4, Gilchrist 2, Hayden 1, Harvey 1, Sangakarra 1

Come on guys, a few more hours to go before the list is complete.

adharcric

International Coach
The sheep mentality carries Compton ahead of Grace. :dry:

The List
1. Don Bradman (AUS)
2. Garry Sobers (WI)
3. Jack Hobbs (ENG)
4. Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
5. Viv Richards (WI)
6. Brian Lara (WI)
7. Sunil Gavaskar (IND)
8. Wally Hammond (ENG)
9. Greg Chappell (AUS)
10. George Headley (WI)
11. Graeme Pollock (RSA)
12. Everton Weekes (WI)
13. Len Hutton (ENG)
14. Steve Waugh (AUS)
15. Clyde Walcott (WI)
16. Ricky Ponting (AUS)
17. Herbert Sutcliffe (ENG)
18. Allan Border (AUS)
19. Rahul Dravid (IND)
20. Javed Miandad (PAK)
21. Victor Trumper (AUS)
22. Ken Barrington (ENG)
23. Geoff Boycott (ENG)
24. Barry Richards (RSA)
25. Dennis Compton (ENG)

Thoughts? Controvesial Inclusions and Exclusions?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fantastic result to keep Grace out, unfortunately couldn't keep Trumper out. Gilly is one that should be in.

Otherwise, good result.

oz_fan

International Regular
Very good list. All the batsmen deserved their place. Perhaps Barrington should have been a bit higher but I'm happy with that list. Thanks to adharcric for running both comps.