Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    How good did you make yourself...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

State Vice-Captain membersstand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    Oh no.. I added myself, and I getting 150,000 pounds salary!! WTF!?!?
    Yeh, that's the problem. Just put Aussie players into ENG and all need 100k+

The Members Stand
    - the home of all cricket management games

MSN Messenger address: edblax @ gmail . com

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    How good did you make yourself...
    An all rounder with 63 batting skill and 111 bowling skill

Also, can you please explain the whole stock/strike bowler for me?

Im pretty sure a strike bowler is a bowler who will take wickets but will be expensive whereas a stock bowler will bowl more economically.
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

That would be it, then!

Mr Hoggy has it correct on stock/strike - average won't be changed significantly wherever you lie on the stock/strike spectrum, it's a tradeoff between Strike Rate and Economy Rate (stock).

Hey guys -

I have been using the editor alot over the last few days/nights (i am writing this at 1:08 AEST) so I am very obsessed in using the editor.

I know that the "career history" is the source for saving errors, but I was just wondering, after 3 hours getting the Aus and Vic squad up and running, i decided that I will try to do the stats.

Now I did One player (Cameron White) and saved straight after, to see if the error came up, no, so I editored the whole victorian squad, and when I went to save it had the error.

I know it is unreliable and it is my fault for ruining the files, now from my own experience, when this happens, i cant run on "Single Career" in ICC and I can't ever edit again.

Now is that statement correct, or can you stop these errors without deleting files, and re installing ICC2002?

Another one of my main questions is -

If i can edit some successfully, what is the reason behind me getting the error on others. Is it a limited thing, or is it a certain detail row that I cant press, eg. Debut, and I have not gone anywhere near reset buttons at all.

I would appreciate if i could get answers to these questions.

Thanks very much - S&O

Basically, my code regarding the career history bits and bobs is flawed.

It seems that some parts are right, but others aren't. Seeing as the "reset" button uses all parts of the code, it uses both the right and wrong bits, with resulting corruption. I have a week off lectures now so I *might* get round to trying to analyse and fix it.

You can restore the original databases and you'll be fine (in theory), but I really would recommend backing up your DBs every time that you successfully edit something (you may even be able to find the specific section(s) where the code error(s) occurs to cause the corruption if you do it a bit at a time).

When you then press save, because of the bad code, it doesn't save the database correctly, and then it can't open it afterwards. As magpie and ICC use the exact same file format, this means neither can access it.

Does that follow/make sense?

That would be it, then!

Mr Hoggy has it correct on stock/strike - average won't be changed significantly wherever you lie on the stock/strike spectrum, it's a tradeoff between Strike Rate and Economy Rate (stock).
    Yay, i always knew i was smart.

Cricket Spectator
    Ok, this may be a stupid question, and it may be already covered (12 pages is a few too many to read) but, can you create players somehow, or just edit, because if you can, I cant seem to find how to do so.
    Also, if you remove a player from their team, i.e Michael Clarke from NSW, will they appear on international players lists?

Although u cannot create players, you can get the players from like Minor Counties etc. the ones with only one letter for their first name and edit them, then put them into any team you want.

When editing players and getting that error is it just random when/where it happens? or does it happen in a specific place?

Quote Originally Posted by squiz
    When editing players and getting that error is it just random when/where it happens? or does it happen in a specific place?
    The error occurs somewhere within the statistics/history section, as far as I know.

Here's an error which comes up when i play ICC 2002 after I've edited the databases:

Also are these for ICC 2002?
    Right, simple solution. No reinstalls necessary.

Download these two files:
    http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataT.db
    http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataP.db

Then proceed from the decryption stage onwards.

that error has occured to most of us I would think, I dont know what causes it, I got very fustrated with it before, coz I had updated the whole Australian team with there statistics!!!, and it saved perfectly, and then that error happened, so even though I was able to save after editing stats, that might happen.

Some people say it could be a typo in the dos, but I dont know.

Those files (quoted by Neil) are to be downloaded as the original database for ICC 02, which means no re-installion is required, but the edited/updated database (datap/datat) that you have are now officially 'screwed' so you need to download those files and everything is okay.

Oh ok I made those bat files that someone was talking about earlier in this thread if anyone wants them (If they haven't been made before)

Just extract them to your International Cricket Captain 2002 folder, and I think Magpie does the rest (Encrypts and Decrypts)?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information