• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England 2050

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Having won the CC with Lincolnshire inside three seasons, I wouldn't say it's that hard at all...
I agree, I won the CC in my first year with Lanchashire and have won all 4 cups 6 out of 10 years (i'm in 2013 now). The AI is very predictable and you get so many good players in later years, it's not too hard to build a killer team (without cheating).

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is there any way we can make it harder??

I suppose not as this would require rewriting the program! :wacko:

Also - if it so easy why keep playing it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
DaveyHall777 said:

I suppose not as this would require rewriting the program! :wacko:

The Bedfordshire Challenge is the best anyone's come up with so far!

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by DaveyHall777

I suppose not as this would require rewriting the program!

I am pretty sure that it is possible to change the AI settings without rewritting the program. The dll files in the game directory contain the hex values for AI and other game settings. It would probably take a long time to sort through these files to figure out what controls what, but it has been done already for cricket 2004. Possibly a future project once the player editor is completed. :)
And, a don't play ICC that much anymore; just once in a while when I'm bored. The game still has nice statistical details and management gameplay.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Easy is crap!

I played for about 20 season on easy when I first got icc2000 and I have players avraging in the 80's-90's and one guy with 200 FC hundreds.

It's just so stupidly easy it's not any fun.