• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

batting in one dayers

hourn

U19 Cricketer
just wondering what tips you guys have for batting in one dayers.....

i only got the game about a week ago, and am progressing well, however the one area where i struggle is one day batting.

i dont lose many wickets, but i dont exactly get big scores with my top one being 220. although this may be considered a big score in the game, i'm not sure.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I normally bat batsmen at five agression until their whole bar is full (this is batting first) and then move to six. If I have 6 or so wickets in hand I will bat full agression with 10 overs to go.

When chasing a score over 260 odd I will bat at 6 agression. If I lose wickets, back to five and for the last fifteen overs, if I have 5 or more in hand I go at full, but if I have less or a low run rate to get it will be around 5, 6 or 7.

Bad batsmen at 3.

Eclipse

International Debutant
You should be able to make more than 220 mate.

what team are you using and what are your tactics??

I make over 300 every time I bat in OD game's more or less.

nibbs

International Captain
Go easy in the first ten overs. Like on 2 bars. If you lose no wickets move it up to full. otherwise to 5. from there just keep fiddling around until the last 10 overs. always have at least 5 wickets left before the final 10. if all goes to plan, go at full throttle for the last 10 overs. 250+ easily obtained.

My best is 500/5 in a one dayer.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
dpends on what tactics u are using but 90% of the time u can hit over 300 in one dayers

i have 3 - 4 bars each to start of with and take it from there, usually the first 10 - 15 overs is where u can get most of the runs.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
cheers lads.

will try and see what happens.

it's just frustrating when Matty Hayden is batting on full agression with 5 overs to go and he faces out a maiden or something like that.

Eclipse

International Debutant
hourn said:
cheers lads.

will try and see what happens.

it's just frustrating when Matty Hayden is batting on full agression with 5 overs to go and he faces out a maiden or something like that.
lol I was playing some guy online once (may have been nibblet)and he was crusing to a victory he lost two quick wickets but still had plenty of good batsman in hand and the required run rate was only about 4.1 at the time needing about 40 to win.

Any way I remember the two batsman just compleatly stalled and stoped scoring even know he had there aggresion right up.
He ended up needing about 9 off the last over we had the highlights on every ball by this stage and one off his batsman on full aggression left two perfectly good ball's alone outside offstump and then played a deffensive shot of the last ball of the innings needing a four to win.

I was having a great laugh no way I deserved to win.

On the other hand I have lost needing only 2 runs off the last over before. my batsman was atleast swinging though he just missed the first four balls.

nibbs

International Captain
I don't tend to remember many games, only the real classics, but I do remember such a game against your Eclipse. You put in this **** of a field setting and my batsmen turned to poop. I was very annoyed.

It did happen though. Then again I remember one game where I needed 40 off the last 3, and then 18 from the last over. The last over went 44614. As you can imagine I was happy, but my opponent might have been a little brassed off. This was just all a part of the drama of ICC. It is one of my favourite evre games...

Last edited:

hourn

U19 Cricketer
things are working better now. got bout 270 in the last game so getting better.

the other question i got.

naturally, in my first career i was going to take over australia, but why is that when i go into player records the only players who are playing in FC games for the current Australia season are Victorians, New South Welshman, and guys who play county cricket (i.e. Jamie Cox, Darren Lehmann and a few others are playing FC cricket in the Australian season).

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, first class cricket is not fully simulated in ICC outside England. It is really annoying, when I played with India, some of my young players would go years without playing a fc game in india.

Eclipse

International Debutant
nibblet said:
I don't tend to remember many games, only the real classics, but I do remember such a game against your Eclipse. You put in this **** of a field setting and my batsmen turned to poop. I was very annoyed.
I had sevral of those feild's and they were very effective.

What I came up with was that if say you have a batsman who is very strong through the offside you set a field with almost everyone out on the boundry on the offside and 2-3 guy's saving singles and bowl to his strengths.

Because you are bowling to his strength's(offside) he will hardly every try to score on the onside were there are no feilders and because you have so many feilders on the offside it's almost imposible for the batsman to get more than 2 runs.

I did the exact opisite for batsman with legside preffrances it worked extreamly efectivly in close games.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Another thing that I found usefull was to take the spinner's feild's were they have the keeper up to the stump's and change them so medium fast bowler's can use them.

It helped save plenty of byes but it also ment alot of droped catches. but when you are only looking to keep the scoring rate down it was effective.