• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Basic Sim

Russell

Cricket Spectator
Just started work on this in my spare time lets you create a player and test them against another and currently simulate an over. I have plans to develop this more but its a start.

click here

Still need to tweak the algorithm a little to if you see something a little off such as too many sixes please let me know but this is a work in progress...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too many boundaries, simmed about 15 overs of Sachin vs Steyn, there were about 5 overs that went for >10 runs, not one that was below 3 and Sachin didn't get out at all.

I like that you added Dwayne Leverock as a batsmen :p

Russell

Cricket Spectator
made some slight adjustments to the algorithm that should fix that a little but it still does not feel perfect added a random chance which i think should be linked to ball speed / conditions

that either creates or prevents the chance of a wicket...

Russell

Cricket Spectator
I'd say it's list a /odi to begin with but looking to make it into a reliable test/first class sim in time that's just a bit trickier :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, for a ODI sim that kind of a start by innings by Sachin won't be that unreaslistic, tbf.:p

Like the variation in commentary, btw.

Russell

Cricket Spectator
There are only about 5/6 different variations for each outcome at the minute but soon it will be weighted as well so a sweep if more likely to happen to a spinner against say a 95mph Steyn bouncer :P

But it's slowly getting somewhere.

Russell

Cricket Spectator
Small update enabling players to be edited and a sum more calculation of strike rate economy etc...

Big update on the way for an actual match rather than just the on over.

Bobisback

International Regular
Lee to Hussey 0.1, ·, No run there hit firmly to mid off, 83 mph
Lee to Hussey 0.2, OUT! , Mix up here and this is awful running, 81 mph
Lee to Hussey 0.3, OUT! , Bowled! Stumps all over the place great delivery, 92 mph
Lee to Hussey 0.4, OUT! , Edged behind to the gloveman he won't be dropping those!, 87 mph
Lee to Hussey 0.5, OUT! , Bowled! Stumps all over the place great delivery, 82 mph
Lee to Hussey 0.6, OUT! , Mix up here and this is awful running, 91 mph

lolz well batted huss.

Michael Hussey
12(6) SR:171.43

SR isnt calculating right btw.

EDIT: Seperate overs, ftr.

Russell

Cricket Spectator
Basic Innings functionality now in play how many runs can you get before losing 10 wickets. (can take some time!)

Russell

Cricket Spectator
I'm planning on adding actual audio commentary once the game is launched.

With commentators from each of the two countries that play each other so if you members here would like to help and record some snippets of commentary that will be included in the game please let me know :)

(I'll need about 5 voices from all test nations to begin with.)

Russell

Cricket Spectator
Yes really inventive :D

Just the development name for new further down the line i'll try and give it a more improved name perhaps the name of the best ground I play at that season or something :P

Russell

Cricket Spectator
Made a few changes and went off a little here improved matchplay but still lots to do display wise along with adding a second innings but you can see the idea.

rCricket Simulator

Just select DemoXI for now and it should be quite straight forward.

All testing for now and the algorithm is close but still throws up a few strange balls but hey cricket is a tricky game to mimic!