• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blic!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm beginning to love this game! Playing a test match against South Africa on hard, I've just bowled them out for 287 (Zimbabwe), I love the modes of dismissal and the game just feels so much more "random" and "genuine" then Cricket 2005.. Saying that, it looks a bit weird sometimes! 287 might seem low, but it was a cracking fightback after Gibbs and Smith put on 140 together..

Blignaut just picked up a hat trick! I love the fine swinging touches, had Boucher caught, inswinger hit Boje on the pads and clean bowled Nel as he went for a swipe.. Brilliant stuff!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I love it! Zimbabwe 22 for 2 now.. (I save the game at the innings change and bowl as both teams)

Absolutely beautiful sequence of events.. Nel to Masakadze, first ball whistles past his nose, the umpire signals one bouncer for the over... Nel comes down the wicket and has a chat to Masakadza who just looks down... Aggers simply says "good stuff" Hahahah :D
The next ball is delivered from wide of the crease, cuts in, and uproots Masakadza's off stump just as Greigy starts talking about world series cricket Aggers screams "GOT HIM!" Could almost be real lol

Early days, but I'm loving this!

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Agree ! |

Yup a tad cartoony, but you can apply "real" cricket theory to this game, and in the most part you get "real" cricket results.

My wagon wheel "shot graph" looks odd though. Had one guy with about 20 lines coming straight down the pitch and virtually none other. THis was on "Village" though, and I was positioning him to play the percentage "straight drive" as often as possible.

Otherwise great game.

Clarker

King_Ponting

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
I love it! Zimbabwe 22 for 2 now.. (I save the game at the innings change and bowl as both teams)

Absolutely beautiful sequence of events.. Nel to Masakadze, first ball whistles past his nose, the umpire signals one bouncer for the over... Nel comes down the wicket and has a chat to Masakadza who just looks down... Aggers simply says "good stuff" Hahahah :D
The next ball is delivered from wide of the crease, cuts in, and uproots Masakadza's off stump just as Greigy starts talking about world series cricket Aggers screams "GOT HIM!" Could almost be real lol

Are u converted? Do u agree that BLIC is better than EA 2005?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I played on village and was so ashamed of myself clubbing six after six after six with my tailenders I quit with an over to play...

Then over compensated and played a Test v Aus on Test level and was pleased with struggling to 174 off 60 or so overs, the highlight being a violent 33 from Pickup at nine (love the career players!), hitting Shane Warne out of the attack. Openers couldn't lay bat on McGrath, mind!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
scritty said:
Agree ! |

Yup a tad cartoony, but you can apply "real" cricket theory to this game, and in the most part you get "real" cricket results.

My wagon wheel "shot graph" looks odd though. Had one guy with about 20 lines coming straight down the pitch and virtually none other. THis was on "Village" though, and I was positioning him to play the percentage "straight drive" as often as possible.

Otherwise great game.

Clarker
I played on village and was so ashamed of myself clubbing six after six after six with my tailenders I just had to quit..

Then over compensated and played a Test v Aus on Test level and was pleased with struggling to 174 off 60 or so overs, the highlight being a violent 33 from Pickup at nine (love the career players!), hitting Shane Warne out of the attack. Openers couldn't lay bat on McGrath, mind!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
I played on village and was so ashamed of myself clubbing six after six after six with my tailenders I just had to quit..

Why are you at nine? surely Harmi should be batting above you?

Just bought it and trying to install on my other comp, my DVD drive is bust so i had to share the one on this comp and install is over my wireless network, its taking a week. Do you know if you need to CD in the drive to run it once installed?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I'm impressed by the Test match mode. Definitely not too arcadey. Aus 310/3 after day 1 with wickets really hard to come by. I still enjoyed bowling though.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Harmy was batting above me. Jones 10, Hoggard (seriously underrated) 11.

I've got it on PS2.
What do you reckon of it on PS2, because some people have said it's rubbish in that format.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I keep rolling Zimbabwe over.. 76, 96 and 111 in a 3 game series on hard.. Although the realism is there, plenty of South Africans boshing runs on a good wicket...

One gripe, the way batsmen dont run a run sometimes when the ball is hit to deep fielders, and the fact that very poor tailenders are 100% guarenteed to get bowled if you put the ball on the stumps... I just bowl outside off to them because it sucks a bit

Langeveldt

Soutie
King_Ponting said:
Are u converted? Do u agree that BLIC is better than EA 2005?
Not yet (and I fully expect a patched C2005 to beat everything)

Give me a week and i'll probably tell you that the of the out of the box versions, BLIC wins.. I've certainly been playing it more...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The bowling has really impressed me, never used to bowl in previous cricket games because it was a bit boring. but this game seems to be really involving, working the batsman over with the short ball then firing in the yorker, swinging the ball in from outside off, tying them down then bowling them through the gate with the wrong un, brilliant so far. Liking the career mode aswell.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
I keep rolling Zimbabwe over.. 76, 96 and 111 in a 3 game series on hard.. Although the realism is there, plenty of South Africans boshing runs on a good wicket...

One gripe, the way batsmen dont run a run sometimes when the ball is hit to deep fielders, and the fact that very poor tailenders are 100% guarenteed to get bowled if you put the ball on the stumps... I just bowl outside off to them because it sucks a bit
Or, if you play the USA, the entire batting line up. 4 all out on Test level... Yet to bowl to opposition of talent - will do later tonight.

Alex, I've had no problems with the PS2 version. Started playing last night at 11ish, didn't stop till 3.30am. It's certainly moreish. I don't think I should've admitted that.

jordyh

Cricket Spectator
Am I missing something or where is the 20:20 option? It said on play.com that 20:20 is in it. This is the ps2 version