• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Cricket Master 2005 Development Thread*

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Glenn Stiemens said:
You might have to consider adopting a new name for the game.

I doubt Dan Thomas will be pleased with you using 'Cricket Manager' and 'Ultimate Cricket Coach' is very similar to 'Cricket Coach' by Oli Norwell. Although obviously I can't speak for them.
Glenn is spot on here. I strongly recommend a change of name to avoid any confusion over titles.

Daniel.

Horo

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
What I'm wondering is how the results of each ball are generated.

Is it decided as one outcome, or stage-by-stage (delivery, shot, direction) etc?
to my knowledge it will be played by the innings , u set your strats so on then generate the innings. i guess we might change it so u can chance strats every 5 overs or something. not really sure yet

Horo

Cricket Spectator
hmm do we have any suggestions for new name ideas then , when u take "Manager" and "Coach" out of it.

it doesent leave u with much to choose from

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well I have emailed James Nixon now, so he should set up a sub-forum soon.

It the 'Ultimate Cricket Manager' is quite a good name... hmm oh well... any ideas? :cool:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'd be more than willing to set you up a forum on Cricket Web as Marc said but as courtesy to Dan Thomas, Oli Norwell and Glenn Stiemens I suggest you re-name your game first.

Once you have let me know and I'll create the forum for you :)

Horo

Cricket Spectator
Andrew_14 said:
only other 1 i can suggest us world cricket manager
thats already being used by stiemens

but whant i whant to know is if "World Cricket Manager" wont clash with Dans game Called "Cricket Manager"

how will Ultimate Cricket Manager clash with it?

Horo

Cricket Spectator
James said:
I'd be more than willing to set you up a forum on Cricket Web as Marc said but as courtesy to Dan Thomas, Oli Norwell and Glenn Stiemens I suggest you re-name your game first.

Once you have let me know and I'll create the forum for you :)
cheers , still thinking one up atm its gets hard when u take "Manager" and "Coach" out of the name.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hopefully Dan, Glenn and Oli will see our posts and reply (they've posted on it so will get the post notification email)

Horo

Cricket Spectator
James said:
Hopefully Dan, Glenn and Oli will see our posts and reply (they've posted on it so will get the post notification email)
oh ok , i wasnt trying to have a go at anyone btw im just curious how it would clash

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
World Cricket Manager does clash with Cricket Manager but I am in conversation with Glenn about that. Basically I won't be happy with any title that contains Cricket Manager in the title. Was surprised at the URL your registered with the game considering it was called Ultimate Cricket Coach at the time. Would like a link forwarding to my site if people type in the wrong one mentioned on the front page. Ideally would like a new web name registered.

There are some potential titles on the cricket manager web site itself as there was a time when I couldn't register cricketmanager.com that I was going to rename the game. Championship Cricket (if it is on the list - can't remember) is already gone now as there is a title in development with that name.

Dashing off now to play Half Life 2 as my copy has just activated.2

Daniel.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some nice suggestions would be:

"12th Man"
"Captain and Coach"
"Pavillion"

Those are fairly well tailored to cricket and very unique.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Try thinking of something pertaining to the intrinsic detail of cricket... hmm... I quite like "12th Man" - maybe "LBW" or "Varying degrees of flexion, adduction and hyperextension"?

Rich2001

International Captain
Just from looking at the screenshots on the first page all of them are of Victoria is the game just Australian Domestic Cricket or International as well etc.

If it's just domestic could have something like...

State Captain / County Cricket Coach / County Cricket Captain / County Cricket Manager / Cricket Captain / International Manager / County Managment / Cricket Captain (bit close to ICC though, and you don't want to mess with the big boys :huh: ) - I've not checked anything out, purely the first few names that came to mind.

Now this is a long shot, but maybe contact a club or two saying if you used their name in the title would it be ok eg for my club Kent Cricket Manager and as a sweetner you could offer a little deal between you both where they use/offer for download the game as theirs/yours... you get a name and a prime user base.

Told you it was a long shot :p :D - Cricket Web Manager always sounds good ;)

Horo

Cricket Spectator
Glenn Stiemens said:
Some nice suggestions would be:

"12th Man"
"Captain and Coach"
"Pavillion"

Those are fairly well tailored to cricket and very unique.
good suggestions!

we are thinking of calling it " Caught & Bowled "

wat is everyones thoughts?

Horo

Cricket Spectator
Rich2001 said:
Just from looking at the screenshots on the first page all of them are of Victoria is the game just Australian Domestic Cricket or International as well etc.

If it's just domestic could have something like...

State Captain / County Cricket Coach / County Cricket Captain / County Cricket Manager / Cricket Captain / International Manager / County Managment / Cricket Captain (bit close to ICC though, and you don't want to mess with the big boys :huh: ) - I've not checked anything out, purely the first few names that came to mind.

Now this is a long shot, but maybe contact a club or two saying if you used their name in the title would it be ok eg for my club Kent Cricket Manager and as a sweetner you could offer a little deal between you both where they use/offer for download the game as theirs/yours... you get a name and a prime user base.

Told you it was a long shot :p :D - Cricket Web Manager always sounds good ;)
yeh victoria only features so many times due to duff being a victorian :happy:

its a world game as in all test nations domestic comps aswell as kenya u will be able to coach in.

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
if you need help with new zealand player skills or whatever i'll lend you a hand, finally a game with the new zealand domestic competition :D
another possible name could be 'International Cricket Championship'.