• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Goughy said:
Why would we use 7.0? Its terrible. For FM07 the update/patch is essential as the game is virtually unplayable without it.
I would use the updated one but i cant atm

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Why is 7.0 terrible? Seems okay to me, infact I've heard dodgy things about the patch, as the scouts turn into superman etc.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
How do you run USM 98? Had a crack but it's giving me the old XP, Dos error.
Try fiddling with the compatability settings that come up if you right click on the program file.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Why is 7.0 terrible? Seems okay to me, infact I've heard dodgy things about the patch, as the scouts turn into superman etc.
7.0 was unplayable. The patch fixed 1000s of different bugs and gameplay issues.

A big one was the injury bug. Half way through a season 50% of the squad would be hit by long term injuries. It would be near impossible to field a team. This was very, very common.

Another was the massive amount of cards given. If your players arent injured they are suspended

Also lots of things link wrong and there are a number of irrelevant news items.

Goal descriptions are often unrelated to the real thing.

The patch is great. I actually feel happy playing the game now.

List of changes made by the patch

http://www.sigames.com/static/changelist.txt

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Another point some may not know about.

FM06 had a huge database option. FM07 does not and that is really annoying for people like me that love playing with as many players as possible. However, it actually does. It is still coded in but not given as an option by the setup.

A quick change opens up the huge database as a startup option.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Goughy said:
7.0 was unplayable. The patch fixed 1000s of different bugs and gameplay issues.

A big one was the injury bug. Half way through a season 50% of the squad would be hit by long term injuries. It would be near impossible to field a team. This was very, very common.

Another was the massive amount of cards given. If your players arent injured they are suspended

The patch is great. I actually feel happy playing the game now.

List of changes made by the patch

http://www.sigames.com/static/changelist.txt
Hmm, never noticed any of those problems apart from the excessive amount of news items. Will probably install in a bit.

Two questions: does it alter the speed the game runs at, and does it affect how the game works tactically? As I have spent a while tuning my tactic into what is actually half decent and it would be annoying if it is suddenly rendered useless.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loads and loads of bugs then it seems.

I'd play a network game but not until i get back in Bangor on Jan 8th.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
peeps i wont be avalable for online play until jan 8 as well when im back in Oz and ill have the updated version then to

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Goughy said:
Another point some may not know about.

FM06 had a huge database option. FM07 does not and that is really annoying for people like me that love playing with as many players as possible. However, it actually does. It is still coded in but not given as an option by the setup.

A quick change opens up the huge database as a startup option.

you can play huge database you just have to tweak a few things!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
In my Nottingham Forest game I just beat Chelsea 4-1 in the FA Cup Semi-Final. Ballack scored a penalty for them. I was for want of a better word shocked. In anay case that should boost the transfer kitty for next season. We'll definitely need some shoring up in a few positions to be competitive in the Championship as I've already guaranteed myself a playoff spot with four games left and my league position is number 1 with about an 8 point lead.

Craig

World Traveller
In my Nottingham Forest game I just beat Chelsea 4-1 in the FA Cup Semi-Final. Ballack scored a penalty for them. I was for want of a better word shocked. In anay case that should boost the transfer kitty for next season. We'll definitely need some shoring up in a few positions to be competitive in the Championship as I've already guaranteed myself a playoff spot with four games left and my league position is number 1 with about an 8 point lead.
Wow, do you have any screen shots you can post up?

Unless you blow it you should be near certain to go up automatically and you will have UEFA Cup football.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

tbh i dont think that any of that is correct having played more than 4 seasons without any patches.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wow, do you have any screen shots you can post up?

Unless you blow it you should be near certain to go up automatically and you will have UEFA Cup football.
I did get promoted aafter finishing first and am playing UEFA Cup football. Lost to Man Utd in the final 3-0 though but can't expect two giant killings in a row. Hopefully I can make it out of the group stage somehow. Anything else is a bonus. Now in the transfe market looking to bolster my squad. Managed to capture Tugay and Solskjaer for paltry amounts as well as Bosvelt. Last season I got Sheringham and this guy Josep Guardiola so they've raised the squad average age quite a bit. Got a million dollars left after buying some cheap youngsters as well for the future. Trying to somehow get Veron to push for consecutive promotions or to at least avoid relegation. Quite a turn around from 12 game months ago when I was struggling to get quality players for Bournemouth. By dumb luck too I managed to get myself "fired" and then to get the Forest job.:laugh: