• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
this should be fun, best buds tiger and sergio playing together on saturday...i don't think there will be any drama this weekend, as long as they keep the greens soft, spieth is going to run away with this...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Woods is not going to make a relevant placing is he?

It's kinda hard to get news of the other players
not relevant for him anyway, he is tied for 7th right now...but will fall back further before the end of the day...even if he has a low round tomorrow, the best he can hope for is a top 10...in any case, spieth is not giving anyone else any hope right now...mickelson and hoffman trying to stay in the same zipcode...also i am not sure but tiger and rory finished on the same number and may be playing together tomorrow...?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It is significant for Tiger. Wasn't expected to play even this well..
it is significant for fans like me who didn't know what to expect and on recent evidence were sure he will miss the cut by a long way...however i don't think he plays for top 10s...he wants to win every time he tees it up especially at the majors and for him, it will count as another lost opportunity...he will also lose his masters 72 hole scoring record to spieth tomorrow...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
At any other Major, Tiger would have been in the running come final day.

Deja vu for Leftie. Chasing Tiger in his youth and Spieth now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spieth stumbled a little towards the end...a ray of hope for rose and mickelson but it is still his tournament to lose, that up and down at 18 should have given him a lot of confidence going into sunday...tiger and rory tied for 5th and in the 3rd to last group but outside of rose and mickelson, no one else has a prayer of catching spieth...

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Four shots is not a lot in golf especially the way Spieth played today. Get close with 9 to play and its a whole different situation.
Of course I'd rather be leading by four than chasing but it's still 18 holes against Rose, Mickelson, both incredible golfers then Hoffman and two distant Giants in Woods and Rory. If someone challenges him, then those guys are close enough to challenge.
Still an exciting 18 yet to come

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
congratulations to jordan spieth...beating out mickelson, rose and mcilroy to win his 1st masters in record fashion!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
who's gonna win the cadillac match play? mcilroy and casey involved in a marathon that will spill over into tomorrow morning...