• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL transfers

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
Last I heard, Scifcofske was checking his ancestory.
Isn't it Polish?

I always thought it was Russian, but I was wrong.

Thurston has gone back to North Qld- which will be good for him as he had little chance of first grade with that hack Briath Anasta there.

Andre

International Regular
Despite the fact that the Bulldogs released Norton so that Anasta could move to lock and play Thurston at 5/8....

What I think Kyle meant was that Scif. would be checking to see if he was a kiwi - a figure of speech if you will because he can't get a rep game out here despite the fact he is good enough.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joel Monaghan is set to make his decision sometime this week where he will be next season, yesterday on canberra TV he said its between canberra and the roosters, which leaves manly out of the running....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Thurston has gone back to North Qld- which will be good for him as he had little chance of first grade with that hack Briath Anasta there.
hes been injured for a fair portion of this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Monaghan is out of the running at Manly then surely that means Manly have got Tahu?

Andre

International Regular
From what I've gathered today Manly are favorites for him with his brother being the new first grade captain.

Simon

joel has pretty much said himself its either the raiders or roosters he will play for in 2005, looks like tahu will be going to parramatta for a monsterous 400k a year, which basically means they have to release jamie lyon from his contract, which could also mean the lyon could return to the NRL with manly. mick monaghan only has the sea eagles captaincy for this season, the reason menzies stood down is because he was told ben kennedy would be next years captain....

Craig

World Traveller
How much money does Parramatta want to throw around?

So far Mark Riddell is massively over-priced, it isn't as though he has played Origin or Tests. So is Brent Kite, no matter how good he might be.

Simon

Kite is going to manly, so parramatta have nothing to do with him, parra know they need to spend money on quaity players, i agree riddell is grossly over priced considering he doesnt play 80 minutes and isnt goalkicking anymore.
Tahu with 400k would make him among the highest paid players in the NRL, i dont think hes quite at that level though....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
this has to be one of the shortest comebacks ever in league

"Craig Polla-Mounter made a surprise return last week for the Bulldogs Premier League side. Polla Mounter has injured his ankle and will not play again for the Dogs." - bulldogs.com.au

Simon

haha yeh i read that earlier, they are still holding onto some hope of him playing next year, but it doesnt look likely

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warriors have confirmed the signing of Ruben Wiki & expect to announce Steve Price later today...

Simon

thats bad news for the raiders, the timing also doesnt leave them the chance to throw more mony at monaghan, he is also expected to announce his future during the afternoon....

Simon

good news is Monaghan is in canberra today, not in sydney talking to manly and the roosters! bad news is that he has now put off making the announcement on his club for 2005 till sunday, but considering raiders play saturday night i dont think he wll be in sydney sunday morning....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Its confirmed that both price and wiki are signed to the warriors for next season :D

thats f**king awesome haha !!! i think this will boost the teams morale by far and hopefully our fortunes turn around next season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Last I heard..Price had decided to think about it a couple of more days.
So really only Wiki is concrete.

Old news btw that the Warriors signed Nathan Fien & today Henry Fa'ifili signed a contract with Warrington.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That doesn't mean anything that Monaghan isn't in Sydney...he could be close to a deal with his Agent just there in Sydney arranging the final details.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree..I think if the Warriors let Marsh go it would be because he had no option but to retire.

Parramatta have confirmed Timana Tahu, Chad Robinson & Paul Stringer this evening.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I have only ever been to www.cricketweb.net. I have no need to visit any other forum as this is & always will be the best!

i'll check the silverfern website out anyway.