Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rugby : New Zealand All Blacks vs England

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    NZ 28 Eng 10
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Tim
    It's hard to say really...all this week in the news I've only heard about what England are planning to do, there has been extremely limited information about the NZ team apart from Howlett being out injured.

I think the English pack is going to question NZ's defence more often tommorow night, but will the English backline be able to take advantage of that because they looked short of ideas last week.

NZ haven't been beaten at Eden Park for around 9 years though so I think they'll continue that unbeaten record with a winning margin of 10 points or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Because I was responding to Tim's point about the English player base.
    My apologies.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Tim
    36-12...so England leave NZ without scoring a try.

Simon Shaw is a disgrace to England & a disgrace to rugby, he deserved that red card.
    NZ played average, I thought they tried to be too fancy after England were down to 14 men, but in the end I think the final scoreline was a fair reflection of what happened.

The rest of the England side deserve a pat on the back for excellent defence though..although I thought Grewcock was subbed on just to start fights at the end there.

I think England still have a chance to beat Australia..they were disappointing against the Scots last week.

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    36-12...so England leave NZ without scoring a try.
    For some reason I'm not at all suprised.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

Good result to the blacks. As the commentary team said though Simon Shaw probably only deserved a yellow and his sending off spoilt the game to some degree.

I'm still predicting Australia to beat us when we play them in the Tri Nations though. An over confident All Blacks will again under estimate the Aussies and we'll lose.

Tim
    Nup disagree....anybody who is prepared to put a knee into someone's head is an idiot & deserve's to be sent off. I would have no complaints if it had been an NZ player.

The rucking of Robinson was fair enough, but there's no need to use dirty tactics. Both sides, especially England were far too fired up..stupid scuffles & needless penalties.

It seems that Australia only ever play their best when they play the AB's which really annoys me after watching what I would call average performances against the Scot's.
    Australia will always be tough..but this year the AB's lineouts are precise & the forwards are much tougher & battle-hardened than last year so it'll be interesting to see what happens when we play Australia.

I thought South Africa were going to do well this year after a good Super 12, but they've struggled against Ireland & will need to get a move on if they want to contest in the Tri-Nations.

Tim
    I tell you what though...the British Lions tour here next year could be one of the most brutal series ever. No doubt many of the English players who make the tour aswell as Woodward will be looking for revenge & respect in this country.

I expect to see even more tension than last night, next year. Dallaglio has already signalled his intentions to avenge this series.

One thing I found ironic is there's always an all-black disrupting rucks. Every all-black team in teh history of the game has done it, they slow up the ball as much as they can. IMO he completely deserved it. I'm so sick of bloody AB's getting away with it though...it's their main tactic they use when they play the Wallabies. Because we rely on quick back movement they jsut disrupt the rucks and make it slow ball for Gregan. Very unsporting and I was happy to see an AB getting what he deserved. A Red was definitely too far... mayeb a yellow.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Tim
    lol every team does that! not just England or NZ. Robinson deserved to be rucked on the back, but never at any time should a player be kneed, kicked or punched.

Tim
    There is not a single rugby nation that doesn't attempt to slow the speed of the ball coming out of a ruck..If you watched more rugby, you'd probably realise that.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Wow awesome 2nd test of rugby .. New Zealand played really well , and joe rockocko was superb.. atleast England put up a better fight than last time and i reckon that guy deserved that red card..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    There is not a single rugby nation that doesn't attempt to slow the speed of the ball coming out of a ruck..If you watched more rugby, you'd probably realise that.
    I watch every game mate. It'm not disputing otehr teams do it. But the fact is New Zealand ALWAYS do it in most attacks the opposition has. The French are also quite annoying as well.... it's just funny if Robinson had been kneed you'd be saying good on the Kiwi...

Tim
    I highly doubt it...anyone who condones that kind of behaviour is foolish. You rarely see a NZ player resort to anything like that anyway...except Troy Flavell who's gone to Japan.

If NZ ALWAYS kill a ruck then you need to show some evidence because I think you'll find that every team is as guilty as each other in that area of the game.

Tim
    Nobody in NZ ever condones reckless behaviour because it rarely occurs in the Super 12 & our own NPC. That's why there was such a huge up-roar when Troy Flavell stepped on Waikato player Greg Smith's face last year.

Sure there might be a bit of niggle & a few punches thrown, but I think that's acceptable in a high tensity match. It's when players resort to biting ears, stomping on players etc that the refs need to crack down on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information