• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Surely the Nations' League thing is better than the old friendlies? I'm quite enjoying the concept and the matches seem to have more meaning.
Down the divisions it's a bit tough, can't help thinking UK media would have been a lot less positive if England were in a group with Czechia and Slovakia.

andmark

International Captain
Down the divisions it's a bit tough, can't help thinking UK media would have been a lot less positive if England were in a group with Czechia and Slovakia.
I suspect so yeah. But it's good for teams to face other teams of their own calibre and I expect it will be used in the coming years by federations to more accurately judge their quality and give more detailed aims.

That's also the first time I've seen someone use the former-Czech Republic's real name since the name change.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't know if it's his fault, but his influence on the German national team is definitely more negative than positive, and I'm not sure most people believe that.
Only Neuer, Müller and Boâteng of the current German team have spent any significant time being coached by Guardiola at club level, and Müller played his best football under Pep.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, having clashes like England v Spain, Germany v France or Italy v Portugal is obviously quite appealing. Scotland v Albania? Not so much.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Only Neuer, Müller and Boâteng of the current German team have spent any significant time being coached by Guardiola at club level, and Müller played his best football under Pep.
It's more that Löw tried to implement a style of play similar to Pep's at Bayern and it's not particularly suited to most of Germany's best players (probably only Kroos actually benefited from a heavy possession oriented Germany side). Obviously that's not Pep's fault, it's not his job to devise a style of play that will suit the national team of the league he's coaching in, but it is his biggest impact on the German team.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They should offer it to Heynckes.
Let the man retire in peace.

Tuchel might be available sooner rather than later. Neymar and Mbappé injured tonight and realistically PSG need to beat Liverpool next week to make the CL knockouts.

EmJo

Banned
I disagree. I don't know if he would be amazing playing on the wing but he would be great in the middle, especially in the role that Aguero plays.
You disagree and you don't know? Sanchez has drifted wide but I feel it was in a 'more' central but free roaming role. Sanchez if he had his way would play every game that's just his attitude.

EmJo

Banned
TBF the Albanians can only work with what they are given.
True but they should play Nations of equal footing. I feel the Nations league is a step in the right direction and possibly for qualification to the bigger Competitions.

EmJo

Banned
Lucas Torreira looked like that holding midfielder every team wishes they had against Brazil tonight. He was probably a centre back in a past life.
Great player he is beginning to shine at Arsenal.

It's the "nothing divisions" which hold up the "not-so nothing divisions". Obviously all League 1 teams would prefer promotion but there's no shame in being there unless you're Sunderland whose decline has been genuinely shocking.
There're teams that have known nothing else than the lower divisions. I will be honest, I have only really known Huddersfield to be a League one/Championship side. This current spell in the Premiership is a massive dream. But I feel we are a good and well run club and will bounce back 'if' we go down. Sunderland, bad.

What do Leeds have to do with it? :mad2:

They're just rubbish and never deserve a mention.

What are Bradford bottom of nowadays?
League two next season.

Well your shower will swap places with Leeds so all is good.
Not Leeds, that's just insulting, I hurt easy when 'that's' mentioned. But we have had some good performances on the pitch this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvYnbZ0ucY

EmJo

Banned
I suspect so yeah. But it's good for teams to face other teams of their own calibre and I expect it will be used in the coming years by federations to more accurately judge their quality and give more detailed aims.

That's also the first time I've seen someone use the former-Czech Republic's real name since the name change.
Czechia is the short form name and not technically the real name of the country. This was proposed as the name change after Czechoslovakia dissolved in 1992 but never adopted. It is also an Anglicised name.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You disagree and you don't know? Sanchez has drifted wide but I feel it was in a 'more' central but free roaming role.
wtf does this even mean? Don't feel you have even the slightest grasp on what point you're trying to make. You also replied to the same post twice, you twit.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Btw why were Netherlands in League A given that they failed to qualify for both Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018?