Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Why oh why

  1. #16
    State Vice-Captain Armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Literate Essex- yes, it does exist!
    Posts
    1,092
    Originally posted by Tom Halsey
    I have hit more sixes than you!!!

    You have my sympathies, me having done it 2 weeks ago.

    I know how bloody painful it is! :!(
    You've never hit a six, you're a 4 foot pigme how the hell do you expect to hit a six
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

    RIP Fardin

  2. #17
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    Im back netting already, batting very loosely with bottom hand completely dominant!! , but bowling is no problem... I wont be catching anything for a while though!
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 23-03-2004 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  3. #18
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    Meh!

    My best was 5 breaks and 2 dislocations at the same time - slipped going for a caught-and-bowled and fell on my hand.

    To be precise, I fell on the 3rd and 4th fingers of my right hand. Put the dislocations back myself, left the field and put a soaked wicket-keeping inner glove on before returning to the field.

    We 'ad it tough.

    Hehe our opening bowler did the same last season... He was fielding in the covers, did possibly the worst dive i have ever seen and ended up falling over his right arm and loads of fingers... Looked absolutely awful... Out for the season too...

  4. #19
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,406
    Originally posted by Armadillo
    You've never hit a six, you're a 4 foot pigme how the hell do you expect to hit a six
    I am 5 foot, I'll have you know...
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

    R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008


  5. #20
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    Hehe our opening bowler did the same last season... He was fielding in the covers, did possibly the worst dive i have ever seen and ended up falling over his right arm and loads of fingers... Looked absolutely awful... Out for the season too...
    Yup.

    I went to the hoss pickle after doing mine (the next day IIRC - I was convinced only of the dislocations) I was quite impressed when they showed me the X-rays. "Gnarly! Did I do that? Cooool" or words more 1970's-ish.

    I was out for the season too, but as the game was back-endish anyway I didn't miss much cricket.

    It was awkward driving with three fingers strapped together. Maybe I should have used a 3-iron off the tee.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

  6. #21
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The hole that is Canberra
    Posts
    7
    My injury wasn't that bad but it was the after effects that hurt me.
    I broke my right leg and was in plaster for ages and then crutches for even longer.
    This was in a Xmas break, just after I was bowling really well, and then by the time I was healed the season was over so by the time the next season came around I lost my good form. I have been a terrible bowler since then ( 4 seasons ago).

  7. #22
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    Originally posted by MG_FAN
    My injury wasn't that bad but it was the after effects that hurt me.
    I broke my right leg and was in plaster for ages and then crutches for even longer.
    This was in a Xmas break, just after I was bowling really well, and then by the time I was healed the season was over so by the time the next season came around I lost my good form. I have been a terrible bowler since then ( 4 seasons ago).
    Sheesh hard luck mate.... A broken right leg IMO is the worst thing that could happen.. (or a kneecap)

    Progress report, and its all blue lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #23
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Pah. No callouses.
    Never done a day's work in his life. Never been down t'pit, I reckon.

  9. #24
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    Pah. No callouses.
    Never done a day's work in his life. Never been down t'pit, I reckon.

    No pits down here!!!!

    Apple picking and zoiider.....

  10. #25
    State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Auckland,N.Z
    Posts
    1,392
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    Sheesh hard luck mate.... A broken right leg IMO is the worst thing that could happen.. (or a kneecap)

    Progress report, and its all blue lol...
    Boy is your hand big.

    want me to give it a kiss to make it all better?
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120


    RIP Fardin 1990-2006

  11. #26
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    Originally posted by BlackCap_Fan
    Boy is your hand big.

    want me to give it a kiss to make it all better?

    Haha thanks for the thought.. But no thanks

  12. #27
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Originally posted by BlackCap_Fan
    Boy is your hand big.

    want me to give it a kiss to make it all better?
    No just a close up

    My hands have never been like that, just sollown up and badly brusied. I never seem to be able to break a bone.

    :P
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  13. #28
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    No pits down here!!!!

    Apple picking and zoiider.....
    Roight!!!

    Thart's becarse they tin moines be down Carnwarl, where Trescarthick's folks be hailin' frarm. Oi forgart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •