• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Costinha!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
United have not overcome a first-leg deficit to progress in the European Champion Clubs' Cup - other than in the qualifying rounds - since the 1956/57 quarter-finals against Athletic Club Bilbao.

Phil Neville fouls, Jankauskas, pushing him in the back - it's a direct free-kick 20 metres out in a central position. Benni McCarthy takes it, curling it to the far post, Howard sees it late and can only parry it back.

John O'Shea is caught flat-footed and Costinha, following up pounces to lash the ball in to turn the game in dramatic fashion. Suddenly United's 47-year hoodoo seems set to continue - but a goal from them now would take the game into extra-time.

Peter Schmeichel: "I've never seen Old Trafford empty so quickly"

I guess it's a long way back to Essex.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ROFLMAO!

Was in the pub having a quiet drink with my mate - went to the loo at 1-0 and heard a cheer, so thought "Damn, 2-0" - left loo to see TV with Porto players celebrating :)

Incidentally I manageed Porto on several CMs (not sure why) and Costinha was always one of my unsung heros.

Craig

World Traveller
I bet Roy Carroll might be Man Ure's number 1 now.

Juventus got knocked out and I wouldnt be surprised if Lippi gets the sack.

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
I doubt that they'll drop Howard. One error but he has had a good season. I think John o Shea should have tracked his man better.

Also I couldn't help notice that they don't look the same team with Nicky Butt in the side. He's so average its untrue, pretty immobile and he can't pass constructively to save his life.

I thought if it was a premiership game a draw would have been a fair result, although losing in the last minute is a cruel way to go out.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Barthez was left out more and more after that game against Real Madrid. Hedman got taken the blame when Celtic got knocked out of the CL. He is now on loan at Ancona.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Douglas is banned for at least 1 match - Celtic have 1 fit Keeper registered for European Competition.

What if he gets injured or is dismissed?