• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was a belting. The ****ing guy's serve is an embarrassment right now. He was broken in his first 4 service games and saved break point in his 5th. 25 out of 47 first service points won.

He's cooked. If his wrist is that sore he should **** off for the rest of the season, because at this rate he's not making World Tour Finals anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also everyone seen Kyrgios' tweener shot as a response to Muller hitting a tweener? He even played it despite Muller's ball going long :laugh:

wag

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a belting. The ****ing guy's serve is an embarrassment right now. He was broken in his first 4 service games and saved break point in his 5th. 25 out of 47 first service points won.

He's cooked. If his wrist is that sore he should **** off for the rest of the season, because at this rate he's not making World Tour Finals anyway.
Yeah. Do what Federer is doing basically. ;)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Monfils vs. Kyrgios - finally we get this match (in a proper tournament). Surely could be the most entertaining match in terms of audacity of shots.

vcs

Rafa lost to Troicki as well.. not sure whether he'll even qualify for the WTF this year. Probably needs to take a step back and reevaluate at this point. I think it might be a good idea for him to take a long break until Indian Wells next year and rehabilitate his wrist. His dominant streaks have usually been built on confidence and momentum, and he only has a chance of regaining that on clay.

ripper868

International Coach
Kyrgios is a ****. Tomic is a ****. Products of mummy and daddy telling them what precious snowflakes they are for their whole life. Yes Nick, you do owe the fans, they paid to come see you, they paid for that ****wit haircut and earring. So stupidly talented but just a lazy ****. hopefully when he hits 27/28 he's grown up and realises what a privileged opportunity to set himself for life he has. Or better yet, he walks away, blows his cash, gets a proper job and cries about that as well.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
?

I don't recall ever saying he's a good person since it became obvious he wasn't ~2015 or so.
well i have noticed your posts being very buoyant and upbeat about this guy even quite recently...if you have changed your opinion i didn't notice, sorry...what is the point of all the talent if you don't have the temperament? it is a complete waste...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's the most talented player to come from this country in yonks, and his game is 100% full throttle when he's on. Of course I'm buoyant, but I'm just as buoyant about Zverev, Coric etc.. I'm just a massive tennis fan.

Unfortunately for Kyrgios, he has a pea-heart and bad attitude. It mainly comes down to the fact he doesn't enjoy playing tennis. That's kind of a problem if you're a professional tennis player.

The other thing is I saw him in 2011 Wimbledon juniors so it was cool to see him play major tournaments 2 years later. Unfortunately he's a dick.

vcs

Novak's not been at his machine like best since Wimbledon really. Chance for Murray to push for that No. 1 spot.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what is going on with djokovic?:-O is the machine breaking down or something? time for an oil change, maybe check out if there is some engine trouble..?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
what is going on with djokovic?:-O is the machine breaking down or something? time for an oil change, maybe check out if there is some engine trouble..?
Didn't he just say around a week ago that the number 1 ranking is no longer a priority? Random losses look like they'll take place more frequently, of course it will become a concern if this translates to the Slams too.