Page 9 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 789101119591095091009 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: *Official* Tennis Thread

I watched Jelena Dokic play last night, and it was kind of sad to see how badly she has fallen apart. Her body language was horrific, its as if she'd lost the match 4 times over before it started.

Goran was good, he's looming dangerously on his side of the draw. Paradon Scrichapan didn't really click, he's not a bad player but it didn't go for him last night, Ivo Karlovic's height and massive first serve mean he looks like someone capable of a big upset of 2 again this year.

As for favorite, I can't go past Federer - I don't think Roddick has the stomach for a tournament like this.

Oh no both Kirilenko and Paradorn lost in the first round itself . The matches today that i hope to get to see are

Mauresmo Vs Kostanic - I think Jelena could trouble Amelie if she brings her A game and with luck cause an upset too

Daniela Vs Samantha - I'm always nervous when Dani plays

Canas Vs Todd Martin - Could be a ripper

Novak Vs Malisse - " ""

Tammy Vs Groenefeld - Anna is a talented young player and will definately get to see it as Star always shows matches involving asian players

Harkleroad Vs Callens - Close one

But they only show mainly Centre Court matches involving top players which almost always end up being one sided matches

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V Reddy
    Novak Vs Malisse
    im hoping thats a long 5 setter, and haas gets through in 3 easy sets so the winner of that match will be stuffed, if so, tommy could easily find himself in the 4th round, his likely 4th round opponent was nalbandian, so hes gotten lucky again with pull outs, i just hope he gets that far!

henman through, but a bit tougher than he would have hoped, Malisse thrrough in 3 easy sets while Haas is getting flogged. 2-6 2-6 5-4 at the moment. its a shame cause he has a favourable draw and could have really improved his ranking this fortnight....

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Henman is in a bit of trouble....down one set to love and 4-4 in the second. This 'other' guy is playing good tennis...

Quote Originally Posted by thewizard1o1
    Henman is in a bit of trouble....down one set to love and 4-4 in the second. This 'other' guy is playing good tennis...
    Henman won mate, this is a replay Channel 9 are showing, a bloody disgrace if you ask me....

Haas has just clinched the 3rd set in a tie break 10-8, he can put his US open preperations temporarily on hold, for at least 1 more set...

Icon13

Watching it till 2am...9 is the worst broadcaster ever...no live league, no live Tennis...what next they will take Humphrey B Bear off the air..oh wait already done

haha, i suspect the match they show after this could be live, maybe they will do a switch to the roddick match which has just started (hes up 3-1 first set) or maybe ven the end of the coria match at some stage.....
    I think Fox are showing Schuettler and Soderling like right now........

I can't get fox while i'm at uni...but i go home in a weeks time...sweet sweet Austar.

Was Henmans match a 5 set one?

naa he won in 4, its a rain delay now, maybe no more play today, im not waiting up to find out though!

hopefully ill wake up to some good news that tommy has won, currently 3-2 with a break in the 4th..

pete sampras is my fav! but ever since he stopped playing, i kinda stopped following tennis. right now i still like agassi but then he's getting on. Ivanisivic won wimbledon in 2001, that was awesome. hope he repeats it this year.

I want Tim Henman to win but I am afraid If I start following his game, He will lose. Today also he was 4-6, 1-3 when I stopped watching. Later I heard he won. I thanked myself for switching off my TV unlike French Open where I waited too long.

haha flashback wimbledon 2001...Henman Vs Ivanisivic. Henman leading in the match and is like 2 games away from victory when rain forces play to be continued the next day. Ivanisivic beats Henman in 5 sets, goes to the finals and beats rafter to win the championship. simply awesome!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Henman didn't look to good, if he wants to make it further in the tournament he needs a big improvement. Phillipoussis got better with every point he played. Still rusty, and won't want to be as rusty against Verkerk, but if he can get past him, he should make it to the QFs, where hopefully his game will be finetuned.

Hewitt & Federer again tonight, hopefully both make it through (which they should).

And Simon...Haas is still in with a chance down 2 sets to 1 and leading 3-2 in the fourth set.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

henman, in his best form and with all the crowd support that he commands here still wouldn't be able to get past federer, roddick, hewitt or philippousis in full flow. so, unless any or all of these players are miserably out of form or are upset before he gets to face them(and it is a possibility!), i can't see tim winning wimbledon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Thread Information