• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very nice bet. Gonna be a big year for Dolgopolov this year you feel.
Yeah have always been a fan. This should be his year you'd think.

I am quite loyal to Dologopolov, Santiago Giraldo and de Bakker whenever they play against good players.

They're my new "Soderling" from 3 years ago on betting, if you will. On their day they can beat some good players.
I'm now a fan of Kvitova, she was awesome last night, don't you think Jono?
She is seriously good. Very very good forehand, and is quick around the court.

I wish I wasn't too ***** to bet against Stosur (normally I'm not) but since I was going to watch the match I didn't want to be burdened by having money on a player and then not enjoying the match if they lost.

I had a lot of advice from a few people to get on Kvitova as well.
Same, but because her serve is overrated and she really doesn't have any strengths at all. Just like Hewwitt both are king of unforced errors
My concern is how she plays when she's expected to win.
whoa .. quite a bet , what were the odds?
I got on Dologpolov at $5.5 when he was down 2 sets to 1. Chucked $100 on it.

I actually thought my bet didn't get matched because it was $5.5 when I made the call, but $4.5 by the time I got through. Then Dologpolov broke Tsonga first game, and then held, and I was shattered that I missed such an opportunity.

Randomly walked to my computer after the 4th set to see what the odds were then, and saw my bet was matched. Was stoked.

Didn't hedge my bet because Tsonga looked like he cbf

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hell of a match between Kutznetsova and Schiavone.
Incredible match. Shame they aren't particularly big-name players (though both have won Slams) because it deserves to be remembered for a long time. The quality at the end was pretty sensational.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shattereed I missed it. Was out and then on a plane.

Will try and grab highlights. Saw a bit in the airport. Gotta love Schiavone.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Roddick has been so passive for so many years on hard courts. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Wawrinka :wub:

vcs

Wawrinka two sets up on Roddick.

Roddick with just 7 aces, Stan with 16. :wacko: 2/12 BP conversion for Wawrinka as well. Seems like the 6-3, 6-4 scoreline actually flatters Roddick.

vcs

Roddick has been so passive for so many years on hard courts. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Wawrinka :wub:
He's had mixed results with it. He obviously had a dip between 2007 and 2008 but got improved results after 2009 with his improved defensive skills, but yeah, he does play very passive now. If you look at his forehand in the 2004 Wimbledon final, he used to absolutely wallop the ball back then. His movement and the rest of his game (bar, his serve) used to be very average.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's had mixed results with it. He obviously had a dip between 2007 and 2008 but got improved results after 2009 with his improved defensive skills, but yeah, he does play very passive now. If you look at his forehand in the 2004 Wimbledon final, he used to absolutely wallop the ball back then. His movement and the rest of his game (bar, his serve) used to be very average.
It's like with him it's one or the other.

A player who has been positively and negatively affected by maturity and coaching.

If only you could amalgamate both Roddicks.

In the end, can never deny his fighting qualities. Reckon he'll sneak this set.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Robredo and Simon can take sets off Federer, Wawrinka most definitely can.

Going to be an awesome match.

vcs

Terrible to lose a set to Robredo TBH. How he manages to get so many friendly draws to Slam fourth-rounds is beyond me.

Uppercut

Loving Wawrinka/Melzer's success, sucks that I'll probably be too asleep to catch either of their fourth round games.